GP32 Gpquake On Sourceforge

hm strange, it seems that i cant run it, the screen goes white after i start it....
i have tried the 133 and 166 version on both the same prob..
i have put it like u said in gpmm/quake/id1
i have a question how big is the pak0.pak?

GPnator posted on Jul 16 2004 at 10:53 PM said:
hm strange, it seems that i cant run it, the screen goes white after i start it....
had the same thing but then tried including PAK1.PAK as well as PAK0.PAK and now it loads fine.

I did find it froze after a while running at 156Mhz, though my GP can usually handle that speed.

very nice

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem...take the good pack...;)
http://www.gp32spain.com/files/ports/gpqua...pquake_pack.rar

frolik posted on Jul 17 2004 at 12:16 AM said:
had the same thing but then tried including PAK1.PAK as well as PAK0.PAK and now it loads fine.
thx! now it works! :D
edit: also Drumasters method works

Amazing ever body always said it was impossible and their now proved wrong :D
Wonderfully guys keep working on this i loved Quake on the pc and started replaying it recently on my Xbox.

It's hard to have a Gp32 these days their is way to much good stuff coming it sure is a good thing it's vacation now gp32_console

Dolfhin posted on Jul 17 2004 at 12:17 AM said:
Wonderfully guys keep working on this i loved Quake on the pc and started replaying it recently on my Xbox.

It's hard to have a Gp32 these days their is way to much good stuff coming it sure is a good thing it's vacation now gp32_console

I find that quite suprising... why did people say it was impossible (was it because of all the floating point).

Well clearly they have been proved wrong now anyway! Anyone know how we could make a SVN repository so we can all work on this to make it faster?

If so here's a fantastic SVN client:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/download.html

Would It be possible for somone to compile one 150 mhz please...I would but I dont know how.

Thanks

New versions (and new clock speeds) available at http://gp32.sector808.org/quake/

Enemies now appear (I think it was my fault they didn't work in the first place :unsure:).
Use B instead of A in the menus (B is now mapped to enter/jump).
Controls are - A fire, B jump, Select change weapon, Left shoulder strafe, and Right shoulder look.
Don't forget you can use the options screen to change the screen size, modify controls, and enable auto run.

fdave posted on Jul 17 2004 at 12:52 AM said:
Dolfhin posted on Jul 17 2004 at 12:17 AM said:

I find that quite suprising... why did people say it was impossible (was it because of all the floating point).

Well clearly they have been proved wrong now anyway! Anyone know how we could make a SVN repository so we can all work on this to make it faster?

If so here's a fantastic SVN client:
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/download.html
They said it was impossible because the GP32 lacks floating point. Without a hardware floating point unit it would be too slow. Also because it would be too large for the 8MB RAM. I think those were the only reasons

w00t!!!!1111eleven11111one11uno :D

does this use any of the files from the newer versions of pocket quake? or has that not been tried yet? B)

This is still just the older gp32 version of the code, but with a few bug fixes. The main reason I started working on this was to try and get it to run on my gp32. The added speed was just a nice bonus :).

I'm fairly sure no-one said it'd be impossible, just that it needed a lot of work. But I don't think anyone was expecting the old source to run at a playably rate, to be honest - I know I for one thought it'd only get to playablility with the transition to fixed point math. Glad someone's working on it though - thanks for the recompilation and bugfixes, Woogal :)

Good luck to no-skill, you, and anyone else in getting the whole thing working with the newest poketquake sources and such, and with out (somewhat limited) memory.

Though on the memory issue, firstly, it clearly works (ok, not for *that* long) already, so it should be possible, methinks. Secondly, wasn't quake *able* to run at higher resolutions from the outset than 320x240? Presumably it'll have been the high res ones that required a lot of memory; 320x240 (hopefully) won't. Hopefully...

this is awsome it runs as fast a quake on my 040 amiga but its very very dark on non flu machine anychance a a gamma correct option please please :D

I just remembered on my Amiga version of quake i have some files/scripts that increase the fps by turning the wall texture into 2x2 or something ,if any dev who knows what there doing would like these files i'd glady email em

Back