Gph Wiz Now Official & Available For Pre-order

This Could be interesting. I might get one next year, when they get cheaper. and when they ditch the second D-Pad. and it gets better than the Pando.
thanks Chip. :)

rahulgarg said:
16gb is inbuilt? Thats pretty good.
3d accelerator is mentioned at dynamism. Any specs on that 3d accelerator?
If you go to the Dynamism site, it's only 1GB. I think Engadget goofed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that, like a lot of people, I'll be waiting for the Mk.2 version. This double d-pad shit is ridiculous, and I'm sure there will be a new version in a year that will fix it (while causing new problems.)

"WIZ" sounds like "WITZ", the german word for JOKE. Bad omen? :lol:

Well ,the Device looks interesting, well made and it has a OLED touchscreen, very impressive. And between first presentation and shipping there will be a very short time, a big advantage compared to the Pandora (even if this is not a fair compareison ;) )

It look like GPH did their Homework.

Flash 7 and the oled screen seem interesting.
im going to wait for mk2 that has better controls and is cheaper. (I mean, its bound to happen, right?)

Okay, lurking for ages coveting a pandora, and suddenly an email from craigx and this is here.

Please stop presenting me with shiny goods for me to purchase, you bad people.

The clincher for this would be, is it b/c to the gp2x? - doesn't look like it... :-(. Porting should be easy, I suppose.

But when I saw craigx's email, I came on here straight away, expecting a huge buzz about this. But where is it? Does anyone care, given the pandora's imminent arrival? I had to go way down the forums to even find this thread.

I think there is room enough on my 'charging shelf' for this and the pandora, especially if this gets even half the attention the gp2x did.

I've pre-ordered from Play Asia - I am a half glass full kinda guy, so I reckon the Wiz will be a big hit. Obviously I am concerned about the second d-pad (which seems to be *the* big criticism) - I am hopeful it is much better than it looks :) but at worst, it should function well as one button so if c64 and Amiga emulation are flawless, I am in heaven :)

Of course, I am going to get a Panda too :) although the old charging shelf is getting full what with psp, nds's, phones, eee pc, gba micro, ipods, portable dvd players, and and several chinese pmp's to name but a few :)

Cheers
Simon

I think the dpads look well designed... It is of course difficult to tell without holding the thing, but the raised lips look good as pseudo buttons. The dpad on the PSP is used as function 'buttons' on many games, and that is an awful pad.

It does give it an aesthetically pleasing look.

Consider me tempted.

(Consider me crying with joy if it was backward compatible to the 2X... :-( )

sabregolly said:
Probably, seeing as it's still a GP2X, but an updated version.

sabregolly said:
It is not. Games will have to be recompiled for it. I believe that games developed with the GPH SDK (i.e. dynamically-linked) will run with their backward-compatibility libraries, but I'm not sure whether this was scrapped or not.

Stuff developed with the Open2x toolchain should run simply by removing "-static" from the linker line too.

The GP3X Wiz looks and sounds awesome with a 3D accelerator and over 500MHz of processing power. If I didn't have such a guilty conscience and money to burn then I'll snap one up in a heartbeat.

I'm one that likes to make use of the old computer systems I have and use it until it breaks, even then I still manage to repair them to get more out them. :D

I still use my Sega Megadrive, 386SX 25MHz (8MB RAM and a huge 1.7GB HDD) PC and my GP2X-F200. I need to find a little time to get the ZX Spectrum + on the go too as it's currently boxed up in the attic.

I am one that cannot let go of these systems unless I know it is going to a good home (Mostly to my friends or family) and that they'll make full use of it. I don't think I'm a horder as I always put myself off in buying new systems and always remind myself that I would like to have one but I don't really need it... :unsure:

Tag5 said:
I still use my Sega Megadrive, 386SX 25MHz (8MB RAM and a huge 1.7GB HDD) PC and my GP2X-F200. I need to find a little time to get the ZX Spectrum + on the go too as it's currently boxed up in the attic.
I had to re-read that line about the computer. Oh my god please make it stop. What do you play on there? Jungle Jill?

Shane said:
Tag5 said:

I had to re-read that line about the computer. Oh my god please make it stop. What do you play on there? Jungle Jill?
LOL, you'll be surprised as to how many old DOS game classics actually work on it. Here's a little taster:

Frontier - Elite II
The Lost Vikings
Monkey Island 1 & 2
Humans
Wolfenstein 3D & Spear of Destiny
Lil' Divil

I have roughly about 50 games on there and Windows 3.11 for it to network with my more modern PC. FYI, I made an executable DOS menu listing all games and applications to make it easier to visualise what I have on the box. :lol:

Pretty neat huh! B)

Tag5 said:
Shane said:
Tag5 said:

LOL, you'll be surprised as to how many old DOS game classics actually work on it. Here's a little taster:

Frontier - Elite II
The Lost Vikings
Monkey Island 1 & 2
Humans
Wolfenstein 3D & Spear of Destiny
Lil' Divil

I have roughly about 50 games on there and Windows 3.11 for it to network with my more modern PC. FYI, I made an executable DOS menu listing all games and applications to make it easier to visualise what I have on the box. :lol:

Pretty neat huh! B)

OMG windows 3.11. This is my childhood being reborn on your PC.

I think there will be ( when is true it has 2x D-PAD ) lot of mods soon around internet. I mean like 3th party parts for GBA. So no problem for me. But I still hope that is only 1xD-PAD and buttons simply looks like second D-PAD but can be pressed at same time. But on other side you can better use it when you are left handed :D... I mean when games will support it.

Yeah I am SEGA MEGADRIVE fanatic too.I have 2xSEGA MD1.Best 16bit console :D.

Dont forget:

FLASHBACK and STREETFIGHTER 2 and GOLDEN AXE for PC ,XENON2 and SHADOW OF THE BEAST1,2,3
and my fovourite ALIEN BREED!!!

elan said:
Yeah I am SEGA MEGADRIVE fanatic too.I have 2xSEGA MD1.Best 16bit console :D.

Dont forget:

FLASHBACK and STREETFIGHTER 2 and GOLDEN AXE for PC ,XENON2 and SHADOW OF THE BEAST1,2,3
and my fovourite ALIEN BREED!!!

I have a Flash Cart too for the Mega Drive to play on those games that I cannot find on eBay/pawn shops. :D

Back