gpDrive 0.3 Beta

A Linux version would be really nice ;) Or at least a win9x version... I decided to switch to linux some time ago, but I still have a dual boot WinME for some stuff... The evil of WinXP will get nowhere near my PC ;)

I other words, I can't test it :blink:

so, Squidge, when do you plan on changing the VID and PID to match what Firefly's drivers have?

i've tried this program on 2 xp pc's, and works fine, and also wonderfull :)

I've tried it on my Mandrake 9.1 Linux (kernel 2.4.21), and nothing happen :(, the gp not appear in usb connected device contrary to pc-link mode (where it appear like unknown device :p)

synkro> try the gp32ico.zip, at http://membres.lycos.fr/slubman/gp32/ ;)

Squidge very good job, just a linux compatibility, and it will be perfect ;)

that's very nice and fast. just copied a 26MB video over to the gp32 in under 3 minutes on windows xp. very cool.

I've noticed a small problem in one of the commands that Linux uses, but Windows does not. That may be the reason why Linux doesn't work. I'll try and fix this, and upload a new version by the weekend. I'll also see if I can get Firefly's win98 drivers working so it'll be compatible with that os.

Thanks for all the supporting posts :)

nice!!

just use some CRUNCH stuff (RLE/LZW) etc..
when u transfer files.

use cache, buffer small files and transfer 'em as a pack

and.. and..
i have to test it more

Sounds sweet, dude. Unfortunatelly my WinXP Laptop is getting fixed , so i dont have acces to it (only to my Fucking Win98 PC that crashes every 5 minutes). I´ll give it a go, as soon as i get that Lappy back.

me has problems.
I use Win2000, I get a connections, the GP appears in the explorer, but when try to selct all folder on the smcand copy them on my harddisk a lot of windows error windows open up. I also can not copy files with longs names...

Try starting it up by -

First - Run the software on GP32
Second - while its running connect GP32 to PC

or have you already done this???????????????????

weird..does not work for me.
Device appears within MY COMPUTER but when trying to access any file in the GPMM folder it win2k gives me an access error. Neither read nor write works in that folder or in any of its subfolders. Strange. PLUS the lines "Received my address from host ok" and "Received my config from host ok" appear about 10 times when getting the windows access error.

Here's a driver for Win98, to install plugin the device and then point to the directory you extract the files to and find the ".inf" files. DO NOT RIGHT CLICK and "Install" !

No idea if it works or not as I don't have Win98, so you'll just have to see.

Thanks for Firefly for the originals.

ill have allook into that, thx Squidge.

EDIT: hmmm..... for some reason, my PC keeps on recognizing my GP32 as "unknown device". Any Solutions?

I use WindowsXP homeedition... (also linux, if it works under it. i dont have a problem anymore :D )
but under xp.. i turn on my gp32, started it from the aquafish bios, after the program has started, i connected the cable to the gp32..
windows said, usb device, short after this, usb mass storage device.. and then the whole system crashed !!! no warning, no error, it just rebootet :(
will try it later again, but since i was copying something, which now crashed :D and i have to copy it again (big), i cant try it now.

Hmm, I have Windows 98 SE, not Windows 98...so the driver which you supplied doesn't work for me...

Back