GPD Win (x86 Computer / Palmtop)

What do you mean, like does the charge reach to 100% in an hour? No, it charges very slowly.

Someone that charges by the hour: You pay the person for each hour worked. Usually they try to work as much hours as possible to charge (as in, receive money) more.
It's a pun on words... charge it to the creditcard / charge a battery / charge as in "attack".

Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket...

Captain Jack Sparrow

They don't want to change the Keyboard layout , as they have locked in the pcb design. And the molds for the keyboard cutouts. That's their official response, as they say it would delay the project by a month. I know it sucks, I'm the one most dissappointed by that. But it is what it is. The Xbox guide key was actually asked for by a number of people, it is in response to them that they added it.
That tells me there wasn't enough pressure on them about the rest of the keyboard. Any clue if most backers (or at least English speaking ones) would be ok waiting another month for a usable keyboard or not? That just seems like a really stupid excuse, but I am used to waiting (not just related to the Pandora and Pyra). If it were me I know what I would want.
Unless the entire purpose of the Win was simply to torpedo the Pyra... would explain the crowd funding, and the urgency to get it done asap.
That is what I was thinking to, I just figured I was reading too much into it.

or simply swapped over the right column to the left side - which ridiculously enough, centers the letter keys perfectly. It's almost like they meant the right column to be on the left side, and at the last minute things got swapped around and screwed up.
That is really odd. I can't figure out why they would swap sides unless they were worried about the power button. If that was the case they could have moved just that key, or function, to a safe place. If they never planned it that way then they should have looked at that (your?) picture and how badly they messed it up, and reconsidered the keyboard, even if they don't want community input to avoid the mess that is keyboard layout discussions.

That's why the last set of layout suggestions had the right column of keys just above the keyboard in a row, or simply swapped over the right column to the left side - which ridiculously enough, centers the letter keys perfectly. It's almost like they meant the right column to be on the left side, and at the last minute things got swapped around and screwed up.
I seriously doubt it. I'd be very surprised if they gave any thought to centering the letters on the keyboard at all. Normal keyboards don't have the letters centered on the device and normal keyboards also tend to have an area of control keys on the right hand side. It's seems fairly clear to me that they probably modeled their keyboard on a regular QWERTY keyboard without giving any thought to how usable that would actually be in a hand-held form factor.

-Neelix

That tells me there wasn't enough pressure on them about the rest of the keyboard. Any clue if most backers (or at least English speaking ones) would be ok waiting another month for a usable keyboard or not? That just seems like a really stupid excuse, but I am used to waiting (not just related to the Pandora and Pyra). If it were me I know what I would want.

I think you're onto something here. How many threads were opened about the keyboard on the GPD boards? Did they do polls? How many? It really doesn't seem long enough for the community to have come to a decision as to how GPD should make their keyboard layout, so how is it that they're already prototyping?

<GPD trying to sink the Pyra>
That is what I was thinking to, I just figured I was reading too much into it.

I would hesitate to say that the GPD guys are out to destroy the Pyra. That's just the paranoid thinking of a diseased and corrupted mind.
[doublepost=1459589020,1459587481][/doublepost]
keyboards.png

Yeah, I used that font for the parody, but it came out way too heavy in Paintshop.

A month worth of idle time for a whole set of staff just to dick around with something that takes far longer to do for competent people, is risky.
Hard to believe that they have multiple teams, and only one project in development. I would rather say, that these people would be set to work out things for the next project in the pipeline

GPD have made another update to the GPD WIN. Looks like they will now use a blutooth 4.1 chip

Here's the update:

Dear backers. A new update for Bluetooth

GDP WIN integrated Bluetooth 4.1 new chip, its features are:

(1) Meet the demands of the wearable devices, support all smart devices connected.(2) The higher batch data transmission speed than Bluetooth 4.0.(3) The Bluetooth 4.1 allowing devices act as “Bluetooth Smart”and“Bluetooth Smart Ready”two characters at the same time. which means it can make more devices connected to one Bluetooth device.(4) Two successful pairing Bluetooth 4.1 equipment, as long as the two equipment near, It can realized automatically Reconnect without manual operation.(5) The Bluetooth 4.1 can fully backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4.0.

i6d6wsqgjtuwgr9pw5xx.png

Ah, I should update the spec sheet of the Pyra as well, our module also supports BT 4.1 ;)

True, quite a few things need to be updated here :)
While you are at this, you should also make more clear in the specs that both of the full sized USB ports are indeed USB 2.0, even though one looks like a 3.0 port. Otherwise people might get a wrong idea about that and deem this as false advertising.

Here's the update:

(1) Meet the demands of the wearable devices, support all smart devices connected.(2) The higher batch data transmission speed than Bluetooth 4.0.(3) The Bluetooth 4.1 allowing devices act as “Bluetooth Smart”and“Bluetooth Smart Ready”two characters at the same time. which means it can make more devices connected to one Bluetooth device.(4) Two successful pairing Bluetooth 4.1 equipment, as long as the two equipment near, It can realized automatically Reconnect without manual operation.(5) The Bluetooth 4.1 can fully backwards compatible with Bluetooth 4.0.

Can anyone translate that into English for me?

Back