GPD WIN 2

Well this is entertaining.

So I looked up the publicly available numbers:
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/hd_graphics_615
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_X1

And even in undocked mode on paper the single point and double point FLOPs throughput is in the Switch's favor. From what I know of the relevant architectures my understanding is Intel's isn't as optimized for graphic output, so it seems safe to assume that on paper the GPU in the Switch is more potent than the Win 2s.

So it appears that when we're seeing the Win2 utterly humiliating the Switch as with Phawx's demo of DooM, that's due to some combination of an advantage in CPU, larger RAM pool, and chipset.

Lindoes run steam also, but it won't run that many windows steam games, especially newer ones without is not emulation help.
There are so many games on (x86) Linux now, it's ridiculous. I made a decision to only buy games that are available for Linux and my library is still growing by leaps and bounds with games I'll never play.

Yep, and that's great... Still a low share and only x86 through...

And Lake Superior is "just a tiny lake" when compared to the ocean: it's still more water than a person could ever drink... analogy a little broken; don't attempt to drink the ocean, or lake Superior for that matter.
I mentioned x86 to show I was being specific, I thought we were talking about Windows vs Linux in general.

edit: to clarify, I was responding to levi. I threw in the (x86) part as a nod to your comment.

What I want is a mobile GPU that can run all full OpenGL versions native rather than just GLES. Better x86 Emulation or a native x86 CPU could add more games too if it's worth the tradeoffs,

I didn't mean to start yet another lin/win debate, anyone that has spent a lot of time on both will have their opinion set in stone already and anyone that has not has a worthless opinion (of this subject) anyway.

The Steam breakdown is currently:
Windows 20,190 Games
Linux 4,284 Games
*For reference -> PS4 : 1,700 Titles released or announced [40% of the size of the Steam Linux library]

For 21% support on games.

Windows 553 Software items
Linux 43 Software items

For 8% support on software classed items.

I think we can safely say Valve did their part in providing the opportunity for Linux to get their foot in the door. The reality is that if the Linux market can't generate sufficient draw to justify a larger proportion of ports, Valve has no obligation to subsidize such an effort to try to force the issue.

This however is a thread about GPD's new handheld. I'm sure there's plenty of threads dedicated to this side tangent already, so why don't you guys take that discussion there?

PS3 Emulation (RPCS3)on the GPD WIN 2

And here is Super Mario Galaxy 2 using Dolphin on the WIN 2

This Win2 seems pretty neat. My Thinkpad x220 runs Rocket League far worse while being very hot.

Yes, but first we really need working 3d drivers for almost all of the above. Luckily, last time I checked the kernel email list, hns was working on getting 3d drivers working on all the hardware supported by his letux os (Pandora, gta04, pandaboard, other sbc, pyra). Last time I checked he'd got it installing properly in the first two of those in my parenthesis, just it wasn't pointing at the right framebuffer, so next is fixing that then turning his attention to the other platforms, while he's working on the OS at least. Once all that is done, our community of prototype users can start producing software and then videos of stuff.

I understand the tech here, and I am still quite floored by how well this device is performing. Pyra is going to have some pretty stiff competition, say what you will about Windows bloat, inefficiency etc, this device is showing damn impressive actual results.

Second gpd device with no option to upgrade parts instead of the whole thing.it'll depend on which device is made of better quality and also upgrades on the pyra end up working how it was designed...or not.

@dracmas

The WIN 2 has a user swappable M.2 2242 Card

deLmrdp.jpg

Back