GPD MicroPC

It is rather impressive how they kept pretty close to their timeline.

They have been making them so they aren't terribly behind schedule.
Last Friday an employee of GPD posted a couple pictures on the GPD discord including this one and said the first batch of MicroPC's were undergoing aging tests.
unknown.png

Great news :happy:

Any idea why they choose MATE as default distribution :- ?)

That's been the case with almost all laptops and palmtops ever sold in the past 10 years or so at least, unless you somehow manage to get it from a place that will sell it you with just a BIOS and no OS installed. Certainly all GPD devices have come out of the Chinese factory running Windows as far as I know, and it's only foresighted retailers like ED who reflash them with some version of linux.

I'd love to have one of the Pocket 2's.. but their just too expensive "new", for me. I've been thinking about maybe purchasing 2nd hand off ebay, but haven't pulled the trigger, yet.

The micro will be perfect for me, It's going to be my throw in my bag mini computer with a lot of handy work stuff on it.
I'll install stuff like Dante virtual soundcard, MagicQ, Qlab and lots device specific control software.
An HDMI cable, RS-232 cable for reading out dB meters and limiters and a USB to DMX converter to go with it and I'm good to go!
Soon.... :)

From indiegogo comments section:

Charlie Galant

.... apparently they’re moving the production plant to a new location and are planning to start shipping around the 15th. No idea why they haven’t bothered to mention that to indiegogo backers, but it’s been on their jd.com listing for a couple days now.

:|

Apparently it's a new person who has only been there a week.

So have a little patience, oh, and thanks for support :p

Back