Gpcinema Update?

clean_sandwich

Still Fresh
ok, my question is why isnt there amy new updates for gpcinema? dont get me wrong, i love it and all. but why havent they tried to get it to work with divx 5.1.1 or the new builds on xvid? maybe some sound improvement with ogg instead of mp3? or maybe wmv support? i find good results with wmv from time to time.

its just seems that when they first got gpcinema on the scene over movie park, that was it. no more development. or is there? i could be wrong, but is there any news on improvement anr anything new?

i think that if they continue developing gpcinema or someone out there with a program of their own(which reminds me, what happened to that divx one? that had no sound? kinda drifted away) maybe sometime we can get a flawless movie player that optimized that wont show off any pixels or sound flaws. i know that the movies and clips you make are only as good as the method you use, but some optimization would help.

is there any news on gpconema development? or is it final? gp32_console

clean_sandwich posted on Apr 29 2004 at 04:17 AM said:
ok, my question is why isnt there amy new updates for gpcinema? dont get me wrong, i love it and all. but why havent they tried to get it to work with divx 5.1.1 or the new builds on xvid? maybe some sound improvement with ogg instead of mp3? or maybe wmv support? i find good results with wmv from time to time.

its just seems that when they first got gpcinema on the scene over movie park, that was it. no more development. or is there? i could be wrong, but is there any news on improvement anr anything new?

i think that if they continue developing gpcinema or someone out there with a program of their own(which reminds me, what happened to that divx one? that had no sound? kinda drifted away) maybe sometime we can get a flawless movie player that optimized that wont show off any pixels or sound flaws. i know that the movies and clips you make are only as good as the method you use, but some optimization would help.

is there any news on gpconema development? or is it final? gp32_console
DivX 5.1.1 : I doubt it, since decoding such a codec would requires lots of cpu power, and i doubt the gp32 can even try to play it, or maybe at extremely choppy speeds.

Xvid: It does support xvid, but it differs (slighly?), but only Koepi's build is supported

OGG: Same thing with divx 5, it would need lots of cpu power to use in conjunction with video.

WMV: Probably not, but it WOULD be a good idea, but divx is more better overall.

Regarding the divx player you mention, i think it was called GPdivx. It had VERY limited sound, and limited support of videos it could play. I dont think the person that made this is currently developing.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
kill me2 posted on Apr 29 2004 at 04:43 AM said:
DivX 5.1.1 : I doubt it, since decoding such a codec would requires lots of cpu power, and i doubt the gp32 can even try to play it, or maybe at extremely choppy speeds.
Sounds like nonsense to me. If a gp32 has enough cpu power to decode divx4, it has enough power te decode any advanced simple profile mpeg4 codec.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back