Setting For Virtualdub For Gpcinema.

GBA_lover

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
has anyone got the seting for the virtualdub so that they will play on gpcinema. and is there anyway of converting wmv to avi because virtualdub wont play them.

the beav

LDepends on the quality and file size. Look in the Gpcinema help topic for a zillion (not really) different configs

Heres a link i found for virtual-dub tutorial/settings, I know its for pocketpc (spit), But it gives very high quality results in GPCinema.

http://www.jens-seiler.de/pocketpc/pocketdivx-en.html

You just have to change the screen size to 320 x 240 or 320 x 176 and the filter mode to precise bilinear.

You could also change the audio rate to 32 kBit/s 22050 Hz mono 3KB/s to get rid of any hiss etc.

Trooper

GBA_lover posted on Mar 22 2004 at 11:16 PM said:
cheers man i will have to play around with it. does virtual dub work on macs??????????

the beav
I had a good google around and no sorry virtual dub is not available for macs. Afaik the best option for macs is final cut pro/express. Other than that, I have no idea, Not a mac person myself.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
These are my 2-pass settings for virtualdub v1.5.8. I don't know if they really can be used on another computer than this, but you are very welcome to try.
Use like this:
- load moviefile
- load 1stpass settings
- choose "save as avi" (and don't forget to check the box)
- load 2ndpass settings
- choose "save as avi" (and still, don't forget to check the box:)
- press f4 and press start when ready

The final file encoded should run at 100mhz on your gp.

Back