So How Will The Euro Gp32 Be Marketed?

ste_167

Website
Visit site
not enough commercial games to compete with the GBA and they can't go for the emulator angle due to legal reasons regarding roms...

How about the portable movie player approach... that new backlit screen would be ideal for it. I could imagine GPCinema being bundled with it or an equivalent being added to the firmware...

Not very well,It aint gonna happen.With all the boom of kazaa and other p2p the RIAA will have a field day,If Gamepark do they are incredibly stupid.

How can they be sued for marketting a movie player? and RIAA can't do jack about films anyway..

Yeah blipped4, and while they're at it they'll sue Sony and Apple for allowing people to listen to stolen music.

Dumbass.

they wouldnt do well to market for movies due to 128mb limit
however,, if they had a new screen, slightly bigger and lit, and cheapness
and had 512 of memmory and an easy to use video to gp32 converter, than maybe

~Octavious

Are there any solid infos about the Euro release?
1.) When will it happen?
2.) All over Europe?
3.) Would a normal European be able to walk into his favourite shop and buy a GP32? If so - what about some games?

There is not 1 (one) game that is in French, German, or Spanish. All commecrial games I know (about 8 and those must be all) are Korean and a few (two?) have been badly translated into English.

Why should a normal customer buy this thing, if a GBA costs less? I really don't understand Gameparks idea.

One word. Secure Digital. :D

Well first thought, they could start by giving the go ahead on the games that are on hold until the euro launch like Blood Cross, and Blue Angelo. Then as was already mentioned package GPcinema WITH the GP and possibly the pinball game at the very least, Get official english translations for the games like Mill and Her Kinghts.

If it releases with these things ready to go and with a built in light, I think it would sell well (not as well as a GBA obviously but it would move).

A couple of recent realistic interviews(one in specific was with the People who made Blood Cross and another was from the Goddess Saga people) placed the launch in summer, around June or July.

Well well. The RIAA has gaming protection, Like roms are IDSA protected.By selling it in the uk gamepark are advertising warez and copyright breach.

But the GBA can emualte!!

The emulating abilities of the GP32 werent discovered by Gamepark, it wasdn't an intended function someone just discovered it was possible so did it. They wont advertise emulation because as far as their concered it doesnt exist, Im pretty sure Nintendo doesnt like to admit that people are using the GBA to play PCengine games

~Octavious

very few people will know how to compress 700 mb movies down to 50 mb = P

For what its worth the Sony Ericsson P900 is marketed as a multimedia player alongside its PDA functionality. I see no reason why Gampark wouldnt advertise GP Cinema, for "home movie" purposes for example.

If it used I different media type I would rather have something big and fun like compact flash. You can get 4 gig microdrives that would be fun. I dont know how fast the read time on them is though. I bet its slower (total guess).

gamepark had movielink which could be used very easily, I dont know how compatible this is with gpcinema thow. Plus their are several very easily to follow tutorials about compressing videos using virtual dub, thats how i learnt how to do it.

I believe compact flash is much faster.

Even if it is faster, I dont know if I would want to make the change. ALTHOUGH I did read that you can get 4 gig microdrives for $199 (!!!!) on amazon.com but they are hidden inside a mp3 player. Not sure which model (would have to look at the article). Im satisfied with my 166 FLU right now. More ram would rock my socks though.

greenmikey posted on Mar 14 2004 at 09:26 PM said:
Even if it is faster, I dont know if I would want to make the change. ALTHOUGH I did read that you can get 4 gig microdrives for $199 (!!!!) on amazon.com but they are hidden inside a mp3 player. Not sure which model (would have to look at the article). Im satisfied with my 166 FLU right now. More ram would rock my socks though.
think its the nomad muvo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you are right..sounds like a deal to me. Wonder if I could replace the card with something smaller and sell it to a kid down the street (ha, just kidding)

Back