• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Father Ted:

Father Dougal "So, if God has existed forever, you know, what did he do in his spare time, like, before he made the Earth and everything, you know?"

Bishop O'Neill "Well, we all have our doubts."

Father Dougal "And what about when you weren't allowed to eat meat on Fridays? How come that's all right now but it wasn't back then? I mean the did the people who ate meat on Fridays back then, did they all go to Hell or what? I mean, it's mad!"

That's pretty much how I've always felt.

Crusades, Holy Wars. Doesn't it tottaly contridict "Thou shalt not kill"?

Agreed. Sadly this world is such that from time to time conflict arises and people do kill. However I dont belive in Holy Wars - nor is taking another persons life in the name of God acceptable. Ivw have forgotten his name - but one of Russias Tzars refused to be baptized untill his death bed for he knew that he would as a result of being Tzar end up doing some pretty terribly unforgivable things.
Most Christians eat animals. The Bible states that the "Fish and the Grain" are for eating, not a cow. (I feel it is okay to say this, as I am a vegetarian and not a Christian)

Nor do we as Christians obey the rules on clothing. We also dont abide by the Kosher rules. Christ came along and gave us Gods new Promise (the old testiment promised that he would send his son) which overuled some of the old rules. Muslims re-instated them, as well as adeded their own.

You point me to one place in the Bible where it says Homosexuality is a sin. I dare you.

It doesnt. Neither does Christ speak of it. The act of sodomy is condemed be it with make or female. It does not condemn someone for being Gay - mearly the act. It also rules out sex before the union of marriage - the idea being that sex is for procreation, and any hetrosexual sex ( even for pleaseure) ultimately leads to that goal. People get to hung up on Homesexuality - and make it the be all and end all to an argument. It's not a defining issue.

And I'd finally like to point out the Bible is the most LIBERAL book ever. I am not sure of the passage, but it reads something like "If God made it, it cannot be unclean." And God created everything, right? So....Paedophilia, rape, incest, abortion, murder, homosexuality*...it's all okay?

This is your miss-interpretaion.. You are right, it cannot be unclean - that is untill man corrupts it. People use the same argument for drug abuse... Got made the plant - so ultimately God made Crack... By that argument I could take a branch, fashion it into a big pointy stick and go beat the shit outta someone.

Ehm, you created the GPbible? :D I think it's pretty funny to make such a program, as I said - REAL freakware, hehe. But what was your motivation?
Well for you it might sound freaky but for me gpbible is very useful for me. I am meeting regularly other youths in my age to study bible with them and having it on my GP means that I don't have to wear the bible printed on paper (this book is big) and searching a certain verse is also much faster and comfortable with gpbible. Another reason might be that having the bible on your handheld game console is plain 1337 B)
So it's more for practical reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems I was wrong in that other thread.

Looks lite it´s about 50/50, I´m an atheist but I would also technically be a christian since I´ve not yet left the church.

im also an atheist
i cant really believe in any religion, all those big ones just make troubles.

*moved to off-topic since it's really a discussion of religion*

I am not a Christian.

a simple yes or no is all that is expected, not a discussion on your reason for your answers.

If if was just a yes or no, we'd use the poll.

stinky cheese man over here is a weird o

Go away and die.

Most Christians eat animals. The Bible states that the "Fish and the Grain" are for eating, not a cow. (I feel it is okay to say this, as I am a vegetarian and not a Christian)
Ehm... but you're not a Veggie if you're eating fish what is an animal.
I never said I eat fish. It is an animal. VEGETARIANS DON'T EAT FISH! You are not a vegetatarain if you eat fish, or anything like gelatine.

All forms of organised religion should be made illegal outside of their followers own homes!
Where ever you go and what ever you dou some one is trying to push their beliefs on you and worse yet on your children.
Lets be clear about this religion is about one thing and thing only control.Its purpose was to control the poor uneducated masses and to stop them thinking against the rich minority which controls any society.
At one time the christian church was the richest most powerfull organisation in the world only the royal families of the various nations, predominently, europe could rival its power and then only in their own countrys.
And how did the church use its power? with compassion and understanding? no it ruled its followers with an iron hand! Do as we say or go to hell.
In England the church would burn at the stake its own followers for daring to own a copy of the bible in any language other than latin.Why because this removed some of the churches power over its followers if they could read the lessons themselves why go to church?.
And since when did the jews of the middle east (the society christ was born into) speak bloody latin?
But looking at religion from a broader point of view virtually all conflicts between nations\races come back at some point to religion.
Religion is mankinds worst invention and proves to me by all the wars,murders,and injustices done in its name that there cant possibly be a god.At least not one I give two shits for!

All forms of organised religion should be made illegal outside of their followers own homes!
Where ever you go and what ever you dou some one is trying to push their beliefs on you and worse yet on your children.
Lets be clear about this religion is about one thing and thing only control.Its purpose was to control the poor uneducated masses and to stop them thinking against the rich minority which controls any society.
At one time the christian church was the richest most powerfull organisation in the world only the royal families of the various nations, predominently, europe could rival its power and then only in their own countrys.
And how did the church use its power? with compassion and understanding? no it ruled its followers with an iron hand! Do as we say or go to hell.
In England the church would burn at the stake its own followers for daring to own a copy of the bible in any language other than latin.Why because this removed some of the churches power over its followers if they could read the lessons themselves why go to church?.
And since when did the jews of the middle east (the society christ was born into) speak bloody latin?
But looking at religion from a broader point of view virtually all conflicts between nations\races come back at some point to religion.
Religion is mankinds worst invention and proves to me by all the wars,murders,and injustices done in its name that there cant possibly be a god.At least not one I give two shits for!
I agree, but in some ways, it has been useful to control the masses of idiots out there, a large majority of people are stupid, the discipline as it were has perhaps kept the human race from killing itself.

Im not sure I agree most of the killing was caused by the rich trying to gain power\land and forcing the peasants in to their armys.
Left their own devices I think most of the poor would have concentrated on merely growing more food and generaly being happier Not having to worry about goin to hell.

Im not sure I agree most of the killing was caused by the rich trying to gain power\land and forcing the peasants in to their armys.
Left their own devices I think most of the poor would have concentrated on merely growing more food and generaly being happier Not having to worry about goin to hell.
I suppose so. Although happier, we would have been less advanced right now. If so I'm pleased religion has brought me my GP32.

How has religion helped you get a gp32? The church used to kill anyone who disagreed that the earth was the centre of the universe or that anything wasnt the way they said it was. Only people working in secret afraid to reveal their findings half of the time for fear of burning at the stake pushed forwards science. If we'd listened to the church we'd beleive tha t the earth was about 3000 years old and that if we didnt want to die of the plague or something that our time would be best spent on our knees praying rather than using medicenes which were paramount to witch craft if the priest didnt understand them

How has religion helped you get a gp32? The church used to kill anyone who disagreed that the earth was the centre of the universe or that anything wasnt the way they said it was. Only people working in secret afraid to reveal their findings half of the time for fear of burning at the stake pushed forwards science. If we'd listened to the church we'd beleive tha t the earth was about 3000 years old and that if we didnt want to die of the plague or something that our time would be best spent on our knees praying rather than using medicenes which wre paramount to which craft if the priest didnt understand them
Ok I apologise I was being a bit trivial. My point was that religion has started almost every war on the planet, like it or not - war breeds progress, a bit abstract I know but you've got to wonder wether or not religion has had a positive or negative effect on the technological development of the world.

Ehm... but you're not a Veggie if you're eating fish what is an animal.
I never said I eat fish. It is an animal. VEGETARIANS DON'T EAT FISH! You are not a vegetatarain if you eat fish, or anything like gelatine.
Yeah okay, but you said it's okay for you that they ate fish, right? :blink:

your point being? and dont forget who writes the history books the rich and the church used to be very rich. Plus history is constantly being rewritten for example the americans colonised the usa a land overun with savages. that was the common belief some years ago however now you would have to say that they invaded america and slaughtered the peace loving natives. see what I mean.

I pretty much learned all I needed to about organized religion in high school.

All the "goodie" popular kids in my school all went to the same church. I would see them at all the same parties I went to on Saturday nights. Most of them drank more than I did, and even drove themselves home. Sunday morning though, THEY went to church and asked for forgiveness, while I "was going to go to Hell" because I didn't go to church and ask for forgiveness -- even though we all did the same thing Saturday night.

MOST of the Christians I know and have met are the biggest hypocrites ever. One friend of mine got onto me for playing the lottery, saying that the Bible states you're not supposed to gamble. Of course, when he was broke he ended up playing Bingo all the time, "because the Lord doesn't want him to starve!" It's always the same with "those people". If you try and do right you are a bad person, but they can be complete assholes and then ask for forgiveness and they are better than you. And believe me, they'll let you know it.

If you remember karma (the idea that doing good things brings good back to you and doing bad things brings bad back to you) and the golden rule (do unto others) I think you can go a long way in life. That's *my* religion. I'd much rather help someone out than snub them and then be sorry about it later.

If you want to really see what so-called Christians are about, ask anyone who's ever worked in a restaurant on a Sunday morning. I have. The Sunday morning church crowd was without a doubt the loudest, rudest, messiest, non-tipping group of people we had consistantly each week. That really tells you something about those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back