Gpadvance Compatibility List

WOW this is sounding great.

I did not want to try it out till at least a few commercial games were working, so it seams like now is the time :)

Is it easy to install?

I read on IRC today that they try to implement dynamic loading until Monday... so we may be lucky :)

uhm hi there - could someone shed some light on this 'rom patching' thingy?! what is meant by that, how can i do that, what are the benefits?

hm, i can't find the option to set the rom path....where is it? it's not in the options :unsure:

or, whats the default path?

0-bake posted on Jul 10 2004 at 02:53 PM said:
hm, i can't find the option to set the rom path....where is it? it's not in the options :unsure:

or, whats the default path?
Since you are to lazy to read the manual I will have to do it for you; it is gpmm\gpadv\

Last edited by a moderator:
i was talking about the offline list program, not the gp32 gba emulator, sorry...

DReffects posted on Jul 10 2004 at 06:45 AM said:
uhm hi there - could someone shed some light on this 'rom patching' thingy?! what is meant by that, how can i do that, what are the benefits?

on the origenal release you had to patch roms to run them
but now it is incorpated with the emulator so you don't have to worry about it anymore

In offline list you need to go to the tools menu and click options.

Click on the renamer icon - its over to the left of the box that pops up - you can the tell it where you are currently keeping your roms (unknown files folder) and where you would like offline list to keep them when its sorted them out (verified roms).

Make sure you put the modules that patch and trim the roms into the modules directory (it'll be in the offline list directory somewhere)

evil_king: no - I only have a 128Mbit cart so I can still only use these size roms. But I can carry loads of roms around with me on smartmedia and flash them to the cart whenever I want! But since the wallet has no save game support I have to keep my save games on an XG-flash memory stick.

Dante posted on Jul 10 2004 at 08:59 PM said:
has anyone tried ff tactics yet?
No way it would work with the current version (as it's 16MB), but maybe in the future with the "dynamic loading" added.

diablo2 posted on Jul 10 2004 at 07:30 PM said:
DReffects posted on Jul 10 2004 at 06:45 AM said:

on the origenal release you had to patch roms to run them
but now it is incorpated with the emulator so you don't have to worry about it anymore
ah whicked - thanks :)

DReffects posted on Jul 10 2004 at 11:45 AM said:

It means some roms seem to run if the way they handle saves is patched, a little like you do on flash carts for the GBA.

You can get patchers from gbaemu.com

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Craig, did you notice that jumping jack works fine now in terms of walking? No need to tap the key any longer, same with the Chrono Trigger demo.

Does it? Rahhh! That will probably fix quite a few games, it is an alternative way of reading the keys. Very nice.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

It wont let me put in Sonic Advance 2, or at least I just cant figure it out. It sorta booted, had a scrambled screen.

you shouldnt use the current version for actual playing, its way to slow.
you can try out the much faster 1.40 for games like mr driller 2 or soccer kid.

Back