Gpadvance Compatibility List

shotaway posted on Jul 8 2004 at 02:05 PM said:
Here we go:

the only games (4mb or smaller) from 0001-0200 wich run are

-0056 - Toy Robot Force (J) (Don't play if you can't speak japan/chinese(?) like me, I think it is a strategy game or something)

-0150 - Nakayoshi Mahjan Kaburiichi (J) (I dont know if it is only the menu)
It thought it were more....

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a baseball game to run pretty well last night

High Heat Major League Baseball 2003 - I'll edit my post when I get the rom number (it's at home somewhere.)

gbatemps noumber:
124 and/or 336, both english usa versions, only different title screen (both from mode 7 release group, rip)

KoRnfReak posted on Jul 8 2004 at 01:36 PM said:
Look @ this http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread....10&pagenumber=5

but i cant get colin mcrae rally 2.0 to run. Time to wait :D
Colin Mcrae don't work with GPAdvance for now
These screenshost are from VBA emulator ported by CHUI as example of how GPADV will looks like at fullscreen (in fact, GPADV version 1.32 (featuring full screen option) was released after this post).

Byes

(1434) Dexter's Laboratory goes up to the logo, and gives a VBlankIntrWait error.
And lots of games do either a FastCPUset or a CPUset, both hang the emu, also CPURefreshRegister is a common one, I encountered RegisterRamReset once so far.

when i try to run that baseball game then i get such an error :"E:Data Abort in ROM (0x08400000).........

Sorry KoRnfReak

My fault.

Y'see as I have a flash2advance 128 I have offline list set up to patch all of my roms so they use sram saving (this game is eeprom).

You are quite right the file doesn't work if you use the eeprom version - but if you patch it to use sram and trim it then it does run quite well. (I'm using rom number 124 by the way)

Sorry again- I didn't think this would make such a difference!

thingley posted on Jul 8 2004 at 03:43 PM said:
when i try to run that baseball game then i get such an error :"E:Data Abort in ROM (0x08400000).........

Sorry KoRnfReak

My fault.

Y'see as I have a flash2advance 128 I have offline list set up to patch all of my roms so they use sram saving (this game is eeprom).

You are quite right the file doesn't work if you use the eeprom version - but if you patch it to use sram and trim it then it does run quite well. (I'm using rom number 124 by the way)

Sorry again- I didn't think this would make such a difference!
do any other game's work using this method...or is it just this one?

I don't have a massive collection of Roms to test with as they are not easy for me to get hold of (Still a 56Ker :( and the roms can be quite big)

But I tested all the 32mbit roms I had and all of them were patched.
I'd forgotten that offline list did this tbh 'cos I just never use my GBA any more.

Rom 124 was the only one I had that seemed to work fully.
I got a whole load of title screens and some games that showed the demo or a few garbled graphics before crashing....

As I haven't tried them unpatched I don't know if I got better results than anyone else but I'd say about half the roms at least gave me a title screen.

thingley,

that is indeed a nice discovery.
Which tools do you use to patch to SRAM? does eeprom v124 works, too?
I have EZ-Flash which has eeprom (v124, too) supported so i normally never patch my roms.

Maybe many other ROMs will work the same way...

I keep my roms in unaltered form on my HD.

Offline list keeps track of them for me as it names them and zips them in a folder (somewhere!) - There are 2 modules that I have installed in offline list:

srampatcher
trimmer

So when I select a rom I can have it extracted to the Smartmedia card, patched and trimmed at the same time. (It's handy as I usually flash the cart with a smartwallet)

MOST games work with this - But theres always a few awkward ones. So I still have the tool called fatv8 on my computer and I have to find an IPS file to patch the game. (I have to do this to get some eeprom v124 games to work)

Anyway it is definately the eeprom that causes the baseball rom to crash on GPadvance - I've just played about with it using fatv8. Whether you trim the rom or not makes no difference you just need the eeprom patch.

so im still confused i saw somewhere that it said that gpadvance will be able to load roms > 4mb but elsewehre i c gpadvance can only load < 4mb. which is true?

at the current state only under 4mb, when its finishd they maybe implement dynamic loading over the mmu that will allow "any" size

Back