Gp2x Writeup On Digg - Take Two

50 diggs - it's seconds from front surely.

Can someone screenshot it for me when it's at top of front of digg? I like to see that and am going to be on a bus for the next hour. :-(

(Playing my GP2X!)

Thanks.

blakespot

diggkz8.jpg

Nice! I didn't screenshot it until it was 2nd.

GP2X MADE FRONT PAGE!

blakespot

I think some of the comments at the bottom of this digg are very misleading. You guys should be ashamed, stooping to such levels to get people to buy a GP2X. full-speed GBA emulator in months? Decent 1&2 hopefully? Surfing the web wirelessly and writing emails? (I wouldn't call it surfing)

Many other such lame comments, just read...

There are a lot of great things about the GP2X, why sell it on the things it can't do well or now?

It says it has 151 diggs! Wow!

I KNEW this would happen:
if only it could play PSP games... If it could, or if someone wrote one for it, i would go right now and buy one... NOW I SAY!!! I hope that sombody writes one...

Get ready for the next wave of users asking for a xbox360 emulator.

Next thing you know, Attack of the Show (a show on G4, an American channel for all you non-U.S. people) will start reviewing this thing like they did when 1.5 cracks first hit the PSP.

Then you have this moron bashing it because he had one of the first ones.

Then he lies worse than George Bush: ;)

----------------

"As someone who owned one, I can say the GP2X is horrible.

The screen is crap, it flickers, has scanlines, all which hurt your eyes.
The joystick is fucking shit, it lacks any real control and it hurts your thumb.

The battery life is horrendous, especially when playing any kind of emulator.
The gp2x would drain 2 brand new batteries in half an hour of playing the MAME emulator!
It only supports the oldest versions of MAME games, also when playing anything more complex than lets say, PACMAN, the machine would struggle and lag.

The build quality on the unit itself is crap. It's made of cheap plastic and the TV-OUT cable was flimsy and wouldn't connect correctly (I HAD TO TAPE IT).

Development for the unit it slow, only a handful of people are actually doing any real work on it, and most of whats available is of low quality and hacky.

The music player and video player on the GP2X are absolute crap. Playing videos also drains the batteries very quickly, youd be lucky to make it through an hour and 20 minutes with fresh batteries.

Seriously, this thing only costs $180 for a reason, and some may even argue that $180 is too much for such a low quality piece of crap. Youll end up spending 15 dollars a week on batteries every week, or youll spend 4 hours a day recharging rechargeable batteries. "

--------------

Drain batteries in 1/2 hour? Even MY batteries last longer than that ;)

Mame games newer than Pac-Man are slow? What? Liar.

Scan lines? Flicker? OLD!

Must be a PSP FANBOI.

Meh, even my 2500 nimhs only take half an hour to charge and give me 5-7 hours of playtime.

Edit: some of those people sound like their regurgitating facts from early review (early Lik-sang anyone?)...seriously, we haven't had screen flickers since the pre-1.4 days.

Someone should go there that is registered and refute all of his bullshit. I would do it but I don't want to fuck around with registration.

Back