Gp2x On Digg.com

cool! Publicity is always good.

maybe gamepark holdings will get more than they bargained for!

So many ppl want to buy!

What do u mean by swamped?

Deleted User posted on Oct 21 2005 at 09:31 AM said:
cool! Publicity is always good.

maybe gamepark holdings will get more than they bargained for!

So many ppl want to buy!

When a ste gets to the front page of of digg it sometimes gets so many visitors that the site will not be able to handle it, so the site will go over its bandwith limit or just shut down like in a D.O.S. (denyal of service) attack.

See-> The digg effect

EDIT:fixed my horid spelling, mostaly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted User posted on Oct 21 2005 at 05:31 PM said:

I think he means that the site could get slashdotted if all of the newbz find their way here at once :p

DaveC posted on Oct 21 2005 at 10:02 AM said:
Deleted User posted on Oct 21 2005 at 05:31 PM said:

I think he means that the site could get slashdotted if all of the newbz find their way here at once :p

actully, digg is getting better at it than /.

Jarska333 posted on Oct 21 2005 at 05:30 PM said:
Hum at one of them seemed enthusiastic about getting "Mono" to work on GP2X...

What is that thing, actually?

it's an attempt to get .NET virtual machines running on OS's other than Windows... personally I think it's nasty, it's bad enough that it exists on Windows... let alone porting a VM to linux etc...

And this is coming from someone that actually does .NET programming so it would be kinda beneficial to me, except I dont particulally like programming in it as its, slow and nasty...

personally I cant see it happening, .NET on Windows runs slow enough on my 2.8Ghz P4 at work lol can't see a port working well on our GP2X... and if it does I'm not personally going to use it, what use would it be for anything other than applications? the graphics is all done via GDI+ or directx...

[edit]

actually the video chips we have allow for GDI and Direct2D with windows CE so maybe that can be utilized with the mono? dunno... still dont want it though... just covering my ass from some lame ass going "blah blah but it can do GDI"

"actually the video chips we have allow for GDI and Direct2D with windows CE so maybe that can be utilized with the mono? "

Hey quit hoarding those drugs, pass them around.

Sadly it only metions the emulators :(

All the psp fanboys are comming over so everyone might as well drop their homebrew and start porting emulators if you want to be noticed.

A lot of good feedback on there, I dont know who told them it could do GBA though I can see a lot of people being dissapointed when it doesn't.

I think the only thing that could ruin the community at the moment is lots of kids buying the GP2X without reading about its capabilities. Theres already been quite a few posts bitching about the lack of 3D and unrealistic emulators that they want. Luckily its not like they can just walk into a shop and buy one like the PSP though so hopefully it will never get that bad.

reallynotnick posted on Oct 22 2005 at 02:49 AM said:
Sadly it only metions the emulators :(

All the psp fanboys are comming over so everyone might as well drop their homebrew and start porting emulators if you want to be noticed.

I think that homebrew will be more prevelant on the GP2X, and hopefully in a more accessable form.

Ninjia^ posted on Oct 22 2005 at 05:38 PM said:
A lot of good feedback on there, I dont know who told them it could do GBA though I can see a lot of people being dissapointed when it doesn't.

I think the only thing that could ruin the community at the moment is lots of kids buying the GP2X without reading about its capabilities. Theres already been quite a few posts bitching about the lack of 3D and unrealistic emulators that they want. Luckily its not like they can just walk into a shop and buy one like the PSP though so hopefully it will never get that bad.

I've read the specs, and am not 100% sure of them. In think the hardware of the GP2X is complex.

I want BBC emulation. I never got it on the GP32. I wasn't upset, quite the opposite. I fell in love with an atari st emulalator.

I assume there are innovative games for the GBA. but the kids have 1000's of games to choose from nobody is gonna be dissapointed, even if its not emulated. personally I'm just looking forward to the new :)

They're going to be dissapointed regardless of the number of games that actually DO get emulated in the end. Far too many news outlets are reporting the innitial speculation of projects as fact.

I saw SNES, GBC and MAME mentioned on some sites as being on the system before anyone even got a dev kit. Now some how people are getting the impression this thing is certain to have perfect GBA amungst other systems on day one and we're not even sure we can get perfect SNES right now. This is bound to end in dissapointment for a good many people just like those that bought a GP32 thinking they were going to be playing Castlevania IV at full speed they day they got their's in the mail.

I think we may need a Sticky thread that says:
Sorry you expected stuff we really dont have yet. We apologize for your dissapointment but it's not our fault the news sites just copy/paste info without checking to see if it's really true.

there realy should be aline on the frontpage saying that there likely wont be a perfeckt anything emulator and no gba/ps1/dreamcast/psp/nds/ps2/gamecube/xbox emulator, would prevent getting someones hope up.

There'll be a PS1 emulator it's just questionable how useful it'll be. There needs to be something said though because people keep bugging GPH on their Suggestion board to tell them what will be ready, it's like these people don't understand GPH isn't respobsible for the emulators.

Back