Gp2x Icon Page

rokdcasbah

got me a date with botticelli's niece
i've been working on some more icons here and there. namely ones for drmdx, fishynes, doom, rick dangerous. i wanted to wait till i had some more but i figure i should at least post the ones i have. i'll probably do ones for quake, stella, and squidgesnes soon. (i'm just doing them as the idea comes to me, no particular order). anyway i hope some people find them useful...i know that they contrast sharply with pixel-based icons, but these are more fun to draw for me :)

feel free to leave suggestions, etc.

http://john.quarkct.com/gp2x_icon/

rokdcasbah posted on May 5 2006 at 08:31 AM said:
i've been working on some more icons here and there. namely ones for drmdx, fishynes, doom, rick dangerous. i wanted to wait till i had some more but i figure i should at least post the ones i have.
These look fantastic! I hope you make more. Do you mind if I use some of them in my launcher project? I've tried to draw my own, but my bitmap creation skills have definitely atrophied over the years. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very nice. I'm pretty much in awe of anyone who can create stuff like that since I don't have an artistic bone in my body. I love your style.

Any chance you could make me some kind of cute panda image? My avatar was made by some chinese guy that generously offered to let me use it on my site. It was originally holding a present but I swapped it for bamboo in photoshop. An actual source file (for illustrator, photoshop, an svg, whatever) that I could modify myself for use on my website would rock though :)

You should make a GP2X Linux theme based on Icons like these. I really like these and would like to see a set to replace the horrid default GUI.

-Kensupen

Kensupen posted on May 5 2006 at 12:01 PM said:
You should make a GP2X Linux theme based on Icons like these. I really like these and would like to see a set to replace the horrid default GUI.

-Kensupen

I 2nd that idea. Make a skin!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the kind words. i'd been shying away from doing a skin but maybe over the summer i'll have some time to screw around with it.

scorpio (and others): feel free to use these however you want. if you need them at a different size, let me know. at some point i will make them all available at 32x32 and 48x48 (for skins, launchers, etc).

fluffypanda: ok, but only because my father's from frigento. :)

Back