Acura

Still Fresh
Website
www.gpzigi.com
- First. My English is very bad (I'm korean....) very sorry, ;-( -

very bad news...

Gp2x have many bug...

1. LCD bug.

gp2x LCD used Taiwan LCD, (it is GP32 BLU+ LCD)

Taiwan LCD is bad (Original Gp32 used samsung LCD)

Q. Why Gamepark holdings used Taiwan LCD?

A. cost down.....

http://gpain.com/gp/skins/bbs/FileDownload...m=3&FileNum=362
<LCD divide half>

2. many firmware bug
http://gpain.com/gp/skins/bbs/FileDownload...m=6&FileNum=272
<codec error>

http://gp2x.co.kr/data_commu/star4117_051112215657.jpg
<firmware errror - not booting>

Firmware have many bug,

win98 is not connect (not support....) - usb host, connect

nand memory don't use..(not support....)

USB connect error

many codec error (xvid support bad...)

TEXT viewer have bug (not support Bookmark)

not support Chinese character

normal Alkaline use battery time 2hours....(terrible...)

not support 2gb SDcard

many MP3 player bug

many Movie player bug

And many bug...

nohing new there, and i dont see a problem with the lcd.
also most of that is fixable.
no windows 98 support is the fault of windows 98 wich dosnt support usb host, there are some drivers for it anyway, use google.

r u certain about all these bugs.
I got a 2gb SC card for my GP2X. I hope it works cos i'm not buying another one

Last edited by a moderator:
Acura said:
gp2x LCD used Taiwan LCD, (it is GP32 BLU+ LCD)

Taiwan LCD is bad (Original Gp32 used samsung LCD)

I'm sure I saw Craigix write that the BLU+ screen actually looked better? Is that correct?

normal Alkaline use battery time 2hours....(terrible...)

Who really uses Alkalines long-term? Especially cheap-o ones. A good Ni-MH rechargable will last up to 3 times as long.

The rest of the (relatively minor) bugs should be taken care of with the new firmware. We always knew there would be teething problems -- and this was exacerbated by impatient customers rushing GPH to get the units out before they could properly test them. It's "our" fault (well, the few who complained and threatened to cancel orders, anyway).

Thanks for the info, Acura!

I think people need to be reminded that if they have pre-ordered a GP2X, they are an "early adopter". This is a brand-new product, and we know it will have bugs to start with. Because Gamepark Holdings doesn't have the resources of (say) Sony, the GP2X will not come out as well-polished as the PSP... and we know that the PSP has had its problems as well.

What we do know, is that the situation will improve quickly, because we will make that happen. We are getting a great piece of hardware, but we will not get loads of great software to start with. Personally I'm happy with that, and I'm looking forward to contributing to the scene that will form around the GP2X.

Don't let a few initial problems distract you from the glorious future :)

Thanks for the info, Acura!

I think people need to be reminded that if they have pre-ordered a GP2X, they are an "early adopter". This is a brand-new product, and we know it will have bugs to start with. Because Gamepark Holdings doesn't have the resources of (say) Sony, the GP2X will not come out as well-polished as the PSP... and we know that the PSP has had its problems as well.

What we do know, is that the situation will improve quickly, because we will make that happen. We are getting a great piece of hardware, but we will not get loads of great software to start with. Personally I'm happy with that, and I'm looking forward to contributing to the scene that will form around the GP2X.

Don't let a few initial problems distract you from the glorious future :)

Agreed.

i am positive that the 1gb/speed issue will be fixed soon.
Maybe you could buy a cheap 256/512mb one until than.

The rest of the (relatively minor) bugs should be taken care of with the new firmware. We always knew there would be teething problems -- and this was exacerbated by impatient customers rushing GPH to get the units out before they could properly test them. It's "our" fault (well, the few who complained and threatened to cancel orders, anyway).

Ok, flame me and cut me down, but excusing bugs in the firmware or manufacturing issues or whatever by saying it's "our" fault for wanting the GP2X on time is quite frankly ridiculous.

The GP2X is not being knocked together in a garage somewhere for our benefit, it's a serious commercial enterprise manufactured by a company that is placing it's reputation on the line with this new product and also competiting with other established and upcoming products.

It's not "our" fault if GPH has not been able to meet it's own deadline, or that it has chosen to rush the units out before they have been properly tested. The same mentality here that we should forgive any problems because GPH are doing it all for us would also have excused them if they had come forth and admitted that there were issues with the first batch of units rather than a series of vague delays that caused the frustration that you attribute to GPH rushing the units out in the end.

Seriously, I know that these problems probably aren't nearly as bad as they seem, and I know that the GP32 also had it's own issues when it was released. I'm not coming down hard on GPH here, don't get me wrong.

For the community to take the responsibility and excuse any issues with the GP2X, for me that's a cop out and isn't going to get GPH to respect their customers any more than a lollipop is going to placate the lucky user of one of the first 500 units that started this thread.

I'm glad I didn't pre-order, and I may order a GP2X now when all the bugs have been ironed out. In the meantime I'm happy I have my GP32 Blu+, it's an excellent gadget that has matured into an amazing handheld, and as far as I'm concerned there's a lot of life left in it.

BTW, I love the GP32 Taiwanese screen, it's incredibly sharp and clear ;)

omg omg why they didn't tell us about it ! :( GrRrr ultra low batterie ( you can't watch a movie .. ) and now this ? i really hope that will be fixed in 1 week MAX !

gp2brew said:
It's not "our" fault if GPH has not been able to meet it's own deadline, or that it has chosen to rush the units out before they have been properly tested.

The "deadline" was never firm though was it? It was always "we hope" to ship by Nov 4th. Maybe I'm wrong.

Why I made that "ridiculous" comment was the sequence of events:

1) short delay announced so they can fix the Windows recognizing USB device issue.

2) customers complain vehemently and threaten to cancel orders.

3) GPH fix the USB issue, but in doing so they create other firmware bugs which they don't take the time to test due to consumer pressure.

I agree that GPH are at fault for the last part, but it never would have occurred if those few people who cancelled orders were more patient. It's a commercial reality that release dates are flexible, and it's more important to get something right than to rush it out. Unfortunately GPH aren't big/strong enough to risk losing customers to do so. Witness Microsoft horribly dicking around their customers for the 360.

BTW, I love the GP32 Taiwanese screen, it's incredibly sharp and clear ;)

Have you had the chance to compare it to the regular BLU? I'm interested to know if there's a visible difference. Either way, it'll be great.

OMG I can't believe all these problems now coming up.

I have just cancelled my order, will try and sell my 2GB SD Card to my m8 for his camera.

What a bunch of amatures, gonna pick up a PSP now instead.

Chill, people.

gp2brew, I'm pretty sure GPH never gave a launch-date, a launch-month at most... oct-nov, and when people didn't get theirs by the end of oct, they started whining...

Back