Gp2x Graphics & Video Contest

Magnulus posted on Dec 12 2006 at 04:07 PM said:
PM me your youtube account, mate, you made me curious. ^_^
Now let's get back on topic!

I have now seen your drawing video.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Except possibly "Du är fanimig knäpp i huvet! På ett bra sätt!" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
saehn posted on Dec 5 2006 at 08:52 PM said:
How about PNG?

Probably not since so many people have browsers that don't handle the alpha transparency correctly.

There are browsers that don't handle PNG's correctly?! :blink:

Amon_Re posted on Dec 14 2006 at 03:41 PM said:
saehn posted on Dec 5 2006 at 08:52 PM said:
How about PNG?
Probably not since so many people have browsers that don't handle the alpha transparency correctly.
There are browsers that don't handle PNG's correctly?! :blink:

Not sure if you're joking, but I'll answer as though you were not. :) The quoted text below was taken from the link that follows it. So, as you see, although MSIE will display non-transparent PNGs and has some level of transparency support, users won't get full alpha support until 7.0b1. One of many reasons I prefer Firefox. ;)

Internet Explorer [Microsoft] (Win32) - version 4.0b1 and later; read-only; full alpha support as of version 7.0b1 (screenshots), but broken alpha support in earlier versions;

http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngapbr.html

saehn posted on Dec 14 2006 at 10:06 PM said:
Not sure if you're joking, but I'll answer as though you were not. :) The quoted text below was taken from the link that follows it. So, as you see, although MSIE will display non-transparent PNGs and has some level of transparency support, users won't get full alpha support until 7.0b1. One of many reasons I prefer Firefox. ;)

Internet Explorer [Microsoft] (Win32) - version 4.0b1 and later; read-only; full alpha support as of version 7.0b1 (screenshots), but broken alpha support in earlier versions;

http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/pngapbr.html

Microsoft.... i should've known :rolleyes:

I finally decided not to take part in the contest now, as I am encountering unforeseen amount of work to do, and there`s not enough time left for me to produce a good advertising-clip. i am looking forward to the entries, though :)

Well, I managed to undo the change that I made that was causing the audio issues. I just put it on YouTube and I just submitted it to the contest group, but I'm not sure when it'll be seen in the group. Does the video have to be approved for it to go in the group? Are we allowed to post links to our entries here before the deadline?

manhill posted on Dec 15 2006 at 12:29 AM said:
I finally decided not to take part in the contest now, as I am encountering unforeseen amount of work to do, and there`s not enough time left for me to produce a good advertising-clip. i am looking forward to the entries, though :)

Ditto.

Back