Gph Christmas Video Contest

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Promotional Video Clip Contest

Gamepark Holdings Co., Ltd is hosting a promotional video clip contest starting 15th October 2009, and ending on 20th November 2009 @ 23:59 in your local time zone.

Your Task:
1)Create a promotional clip, which promotes the GP2X WIZ
2)There is a time limit of 10 minutes
3)The clip should be enjoyable to anybody.
4)Violence, nudity, racism and other immoral content will not be tolerated.

Judging:
Judging will be done by Gamepark Holdings Co., Ltd officials and the general public.

Copyright:
Everyone should respect the copyright of others, so please only use elements with permission or generate your own content (preferred).

By submitting your entry, you agree that your video clip does not violate any copyrights. Furthermore, you consent to give Gamepark Holdings Co., Ltd permission use this video clip without restrictions.

How to submit your entry:
Step 1) Upload your Video to YouTube
Step 2) Write us an email to gph-video@gp2x.com with the appropriate URL of your clip.

Prize:
Once the result is announced, the 3 contestants with the most votes will receive a nice Christmas present from GPH.

Hmm..

"Prize: Once the result is announced, the 3 contestants with the most votes will receive a nice Christmas present from GPH."

Oh, why they didnt write "you doin' it for free, and we have promotional video for free [otherwise we need to contract big advertising agency in korea to make +1000$ [or more] promo-video"

"3)The clip should be enjoyable to anybody."

If i create a good video with not-so-nude booty swingin' asian girls as i like it, can i presume it will be enjoyable for anybody?

BTW. Even if prize will be enjoyable for anybody who gets it i still cant understand why GPH co. is such a prick. OK, someone win Wiz deluxe pack [x3] -> 50pounds* x 3 -> 150pounds for promotional video for GPH?

What about helping and providing hi-res images of wiz and other releated stuff for the contest? Did GPH think about it? Did they think that anyone who want to make video will search images.google and use crappy lo-res images?

And last thing: Why GPH didnt make own promotional video? Its simple -> COPYRIGHTS. If they want to use emulators as a feature, they will need to use names like SEGA / Nintendo / PlayStation / SNK.. otherwise they will show only 4 homebrew games renamed to "commercial".

*-real maximum value of wiz without any taxes and 2nd / 3rd seller profits

I believe you were supposed to use common sense to determine what those rules meant. Maybe that's just me.

I don't know why you're being so harsh about it! Maybe they thought it would be better to let the community do it in order to get a more global viewpoint (especially since GPH has struggled to even communicate in English in the past). That, and a lot of people in the community are more creative than business execs. You're making them out to be such HORRIBLE DISGUSTING PEOPLE for holding a simple contest! Enter it or don't, you don't have to act like they're assholes for it. So what if they make more money off of it than you would getting a few prizes? They got money from me purchasing it, if I was so concerned about them having money I wouldn't have bought one. If they use this to sell more Wiz systems, more people have them and more stuff gets developed for them because of it. It DOES benefit me, you don't have to get money in your pocket for something to be helpful for you. If I won this, I'd get my work shown (especially if you're aspiring to do this for a living, that's a really big plus in your portfolio--in this kind of business you HAVE to do some stuff for free before you can get paid for it), I get some cool GPH stuff, I go home happy. I don't sit in the gutter and cry because I'm not getting millions in ad money.

Stop being such a jerk about a fun little contest.

What im really taking is the "business" solution of GPH was always .. "suck everything from community and say "fu*k off in the end""

Im not trying to say, fu*k off to GPH, but only trying to say: You wanna contest, ok.. but help with it , give us a hand [ add some good hires pictures / give us PSD's with hires wiz, some good screens from AsuraCross / her knights]. And what about prizes: what does it means "christmas gift" a lollypop with GPH wrapper? This is a real deal company contest , not "NickSpoon crapware competition[tm]" :) , so treat a community with respect. Its all im saying.

And again [ ..and again] i dont want to say that, but -> GPH didnt changed anything in company policies in the matter GPH -> Community. This competition is an excellent example..

DurTahar said:
If they use this to sell more Wiz systems, more people have them and more stuff gets developed for them because of it. It DOES benefit me, you don't have to get money in your pocket for something to be helpful for you.

Wrong. Business is business, man. Dont try to blind yourself with phrases like "GPH making this to build bigger community". No, they just want to sell more Wiz'es and dont give a s*it about community. Dont forget, that only dev's pushing wiz on and on. This is the real selling-factor, not GPH itself. GPH knows it-*, and sucking all with big fuc*g pump. If you want examples, i can provide it to you.

*- why they didnt created a dev studio like Dingoo Software, to produce hq 3d games for wiz? Because its cheaper to send one wiz to well known dev like ZodTTD [respect] and wait to port some games / emus on wiz, than create a indie studio focused only on WIz games. Its not a secret that main target of wiz, are emus enthusiasts, so GPH dont want to "kick the door already open".

Last edited by a moderator:
It's attitudes like this that makes my heart sink.

I don't think GPH have disrespected the community, and I am real sorry you feel the way you do about this competition.

I might even enter it myself just for fun, and that's all it will be to me, a bit of fun and I won't care who gains or looses because of it!

WarmFluffyUK said:
I won't care who gains or looses because of it!

I dont care about prizes, aswell. All i care is GPH's attitude. The differences between GPH and You or Me or anyone that exists on GP32X is that, we dooing it for fun and for higher purpose [ than making money] but they dont [its completely opposite IMHO to ED or Craig attitude. They created Panda from real heart, and trying to be as helpfull as they could be.].

Where you see good fun , i see business, money and unclean moves :) . More non-business attitude-* from GPH [and be more helpfull] and it will be allright. This is my view.

btw. i dont expect to see GPH sending me 4 go-go girls dancing on a pipe with sack of drugs and condoms in the backpack :p

I for one am going to enter this competition and break every rule...

Apart from the immoral part, where, in keeping with custom, I shall cook and eat a dog.

craigix said:
I for one am going to enter this competition and break every rule...

Apart from the immoral part, where, in keeping with custom, I shall cook and eat a dog.
LOL. My laptop very nearly got tea-sprayed then! :p

StreaK said:
its completely opposite IMHO to ED or Craig attitude. They created Panda from real heart, and trying to be as helpfull as they could be.

Now we get to the crunch, fanboy'ism

Can you now please get back on topic and stop the flaming as the end of your last post was a little bit over the top. In the end if you don't like it you don't have to enter!

WarmFluffyUK said:
Now we get to the crunch, fanboy'ism

Can you now please get back on topic and stop the flaming as the end of your last post was a little bit over the top. In the end if you don't like it you don't have to enter!

My fault, i shouldnt say it. Its obviously looks like panda fanboy view. I didnt wanted to compare this in "fanboy style".

Anyway back to the topic, could You ask GPH to provide some better graph arts about wiz / wifi / some better screenshots to help anyone build better promotional video? [ small resources of a graphic files from GPH could force people creating vidoes to adjust a video "vision" to graphicart provided by google, not grapharts to video vision ]

For example: i would be happy if GPH could provide better versions of gp2x and wiz promo [ maybe in avi format ]. Because ripping some good animations [first 4 seconds ] from example here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fG6gOS0IQg&feature=related could be really painfull [ FLV quality ].

beavith said:
The way things are looking, everyone will be so busy arguing i might be able to enter and win!

Good luck dude!

Oh no, a company that wants to make money! QUICK CALL THE COPS, HORRIBLE PEOPLE ALERT. Maybe the money saved by getting user videos instead of hiring someone is going to help an employee get their kid what they want for Christmas this year. Who knows? Who cares? It's not that big of a deal man, and yeah, selling more Wizes DOES help the community, whether that's GPH's intention or not. I'd much rather trust the opinion of the person that's been in constant contact with GPH this whole time.

I might just enter this now just because of StreaK's fussing. Thanks! I'm inspired!

Ha! I shall perform immoral acts and submit them on video! I will give my peers a bad grade on a paper because of a percieved slight! I will steal people's lunches from the work refrigerator! I cannot be stopped!

DurTahar said:
Oh no, a company that wants to make money! QUICK CALL THE COPS, HORRIBLE PEOPLE ALERT.

This is getting serious mate, we better call... THE C.O.P.S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_VY-Ewh2M

atomicthumbs said:
Ha! I shall perform immoral acts and submit them on video! I will give my peers a bad grade on a paper because of a percieved slight! I will steal people's lunches from the work refrigerator! I cannot be stopped!

Criminal_Scum_Toilet.jpg

Thanks for the ad WarmFluffy, let's se what can we do.

Back