Gph Christmas Video Contest

StreaK said:
Since i dont know how to use DIVX on my IBM XT 2mhz , i created sneek peek here in gif:

84216453.gif

btw. dont take this too serious :)

btw.2 still waiting for some good arts from GPH :)

aaaaaaaa
that hurts :D
anyway, for some reason I have the feeling this anim won't win the contest :)

Last edited by a moderator:
glezmen said:
aaaaaaaa
that hurts :D
anyway, for some reason I have the feeling this anim won't win the contest :)
I don't think it would win either, too many expletives :D

craigix said:
I for one am going to enter this competition and break every rule...

Apart from the immoral part, where, in keeping with custom, I shall cook and eat a dog.

Why eat the dog when you can use it to hunt and kill animals for your enjoyment? :p

StreaK said:
Since i dont know how to use DIVX on my IBM XT 2mhz , i created sneek peek here in gif:
[hot presentation]
btw. dont take this too serious :)

btw.2 still waiting for some good arts from GPH :)
I think you really captured the spirit of it there.

beavith said:
I think the best part was, and excuse my language, fukin maroon.

I thought it was terrible....................

..............StreaK forgot to mention the crappy D-pad and the useless flash engine!

lol :lol:

Neil L said:
the useless flash engine!
OT:
I didnt even know that wiz has some problems with flash engine and with d-pad.

Back to topic:
Hey, WarmFluffyUK, could you ask GPH about rights to the concept of video eg. when i create a video and i give a peremission for GPH to use it, can i still make other videos based on the same concept or im giving them an exclusive rights to the video and the concept?

GPH said in May that they would be holding a game competion "soon" with a pot of $200,000. After four months this idea seem to have turned into a video competion where you can win "a nice Christmas present from GPH".

This uh....doesn't mean they aren't still having a game competition?

You do know companies can have more than one contest at any given time, right? That might be WHY they aren't offering money for this.

Jan-Nik said:
GPH said in May that they would be holding a game competion "soon" with a pot of $200,000. After four months this idea seem to have turned into a video competion where you can win "a nice Christmas present from GPH".

To me it seems to be 2 different, not connected with each other, competitions. GPH really needs to show more than 3 commercial games in his funGP.com shop to stay alive with it. On other hand giving 200.000 to one dev is still strange to me. It isnt better to make a $200.000 contract with bigger Indie Dev to produce 2/3 games, than give it to single dev [ one person ]? I guess its just waste of money. 3.000-5.000 for a competition , rest to make a contract with indie dev. Or .. its just mumbo jumbo talking that we used to hear recently from GPH.

Just an idea: I would like to see someday GPH giving all best dev'ers per 1000$ [ from this 200.000$ ][ emu dev'ers / excluseve games dev'ers / newsman's like Kojote from PDRoms.de ] as a thank you for all these years of supporting. Without them GPH wouldnt exist today.

DurTahar said:
This uh....doesn't mean they aren't still having a game competition?

You do know companies can have more than one contest at any given time, right? That might be WHY they aren't offering money for this.
Of course they could also start the game competition. But I don't think they will. I think they dropped that idea in favour of this contest. I'm only guessing though.
WarmFluffyUK, could you ask them when the game competition will start?

GPH have just asked me to post on the boards that the Video Contest really is just a bit of fun, and they chose Christmas as PSP and NDS are not doing anything at that time, and in a round about sorta way GPH just wanted to make a gesture that they are different from them.

The game contest is still on and will be soon but we don't know exactly when that will be launched, one of us will post more info on that as soon as we have it.

SDK Manual is planned to be released sometime in October.

Can I say once again the video contest is just a bit of a giggle for Christmas, If you're not up for it then just ignore this thread, don't go getting all crazy now and making this into a flame fest as it just annoys those of us who actually find it fun, I for one can't wait to see what some of our very talented board members can come up with.

Thanks,
Clare.

Addition:
Tony from GPH has been feeling a little down with some of the comments one or two board member have posted. Can we put to rest the point of all this. GPH want to get a bit closer to its customers, after all it's us who help to make the Wiz a success. GPH do not have masses of resources like Sony or Nintendo and as such rely on us. Of course there is a profit to be made, all companies (including OpenPandora) would like to make a profit, it's their jobs after all. Now Tony had the idea for this video contest as he thought it may be a nice thing to do around Christmas time giving one of us a little present at the end of it. They also wanted to show they they are not the same as the BIG companies and they they actually do need our help to survive, this contest will benefit GPH and us Wiz users and for one of us a nice bonus.
I for one will be entering the contest. One thing I have noticed is how much we think about profit and gain and the "What do I get out of this?" attitude we have. Oddly gp32spain are quite up for this compo, maybe most of the members there have a different attitude to us.

I have obtained a few pictures of the Wiz from GPH, you can download the Zip HERE.

I do have more stuff but haven't had the time to extract the images from the PDFs yet.

Hope they are okay,
Clare.

Im looking forward to having a crack at this - I've been meaning to try out some motion graphics shizz for a while. My gameboy micro (and flash cart) and psp are both languishing in a drawer after the Wiz arrived!

As a newcomer to the open' handheld world, some of the overt posturing and negativity in some parts of the forum posts is a tad off-putting, but doesn't distract from the Wiz being one of the best purchases I've made in a while!

And while I'm no coder or developer, If I can use any of my design, illustration or animation faculties to help out with the community - when time allows - I'm ready to muck-in.

djd

Hi folks, the count down runs (deadline is 11/20/09),
thatswhy an wanna ask, is there something going on?

Has anybody some work in progress ?

Unfortunately i´m not a video profi but i count on the profis here :)

Gtx.,
andY

Back