Gp2x Delfault Runing 298mhz !!!

rautiocination posted on Dec 9 2005 at 04:04 PM said:
reallynotnick posted on Dec 9 2005 at 09:49 AM said:
Is that safe?

Safety? PAH! FS 0 for life man! :D
I don´t know if it's safe or not, but now I have a reason why the batteries last only 2 o 3 hours. Now at the spanish forums we are testing several scenaries to view how affect to put the console at 200mhz.

Like Anarchy say, this mean also that at the higer speed the console has two cores running at 300mhz and with a good batteries we can play for near 3 hours at this speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
reallynotnick posted on Dec 9 2005 at 03:49 PM said:
Is that safe?

It's the speed at your GP2X is running now. So yes, it's safe :rolleyes:

lost in translation...
teh default clock is 200mhz, the maximum clock rateing is 266mhz, evrything above is overclocking and may be risky.

266 should be safe, barring overheating etc; 266 should be pretty swank alrighty, or dual 266.. yum.

For CaSTaway on the PSP at 333, its throttling most of the time, so shoud be just right at 266 with options for more or less :)

jeff

Not to mention.. UAE at 266 .. hmm..

Vimacs posted on Dec 9 2005 at 04:35 PM said:
lost in translation...
teh default clock is 200mhz, the maximum clock rateing is 266mhz, evrything above is overclocking and may be risky.

hermes has discovered that by default the clock is at about 300mhz because him has been programing a clock speed modifier utility

Vimacs posted on Dec 9 2005 at 02:35 PM said:
lost in translation...
These posts seem to be suggesting that the GP2X is currently running at 298mhz in FW menus etc, and that is one reason the battery life is so low.

well, i have one thing to say... HOLY SHIT! if its running normal at almost 300 with zero problems whos to say it cant OC further and run that fast for apps and stuff

triton posted on Dec 9 2005 at 02:55 PM said:
well, i have one thing to say... HOLY SHIT! if its running normal at almost 300 with zero problems whos to say it cant OC further and run that fast for apps and stuff
yeah, imagine the PSX, NeoGeo and SNES emus at 300mhz! :D

running at 300mhz would explain the over-voltage issues the unit is experiencing (it's useless with alkalines) but it seems unlikely to me.

anyone able to properly confirm?

wow this is totally confusing me. Almost 300 atm??? Can`t believe that.

Edit:
This is what the prog says for me:

Code:
Freq: 280Mhz Div 0 (:o running at 280???)
940t Disabled (I thought it is enabled all the time atm???)
Sys Freq: 298598400Mhz M 73 P 0 S 0
UCLK :Freq: 95846400Mhz
ACLK :Freq: 147456000Mhz

Is anyone able to translate that? :D Please?

I thought the reason for the GP2X eating batteries was because the TV-out was on permenantly and eating about 250mAh or something like that.

Heh, would be nasty, if most of the LCD related hw-problems were infact caused by warm CPU's... There was that rubbery thing there, which was removed by some people...

don't know if it has something to do with hermes_ps2r's findings, but darkness angel has posted a "cpu speed selector" (+ source) on the gp2mania-forums. here's the link.

some dev try it and tell us more.

k1d posted on Dec 9 2005 at 03:42 PM said:
don't know if it has something to do with hermes_ps2r's findings, but darkness angel has posted a "cpu speed selector" (+ source) on the gp2mania-forums. here's the link.

some dev try it and tell us more.

That's the Hermes_PS2R's application!!!! Look at the source code.

Back