Gp2x: It's Big In Spanish, Too (1/5 Stars Post)

Well, there was one gp2x programming contest so far and Spain did manage a bronze medal (for an emulator), not bad! :)
Are you talking about that contest with english jury?
I never understood how that stupid ball game did won while other games like beat2x (that is native from gp2x and not a port) didn't get mention. I just remembered that someone (dont remember the name, sorry) ported bubbletrain before the guy that ported it to the contest; but the first one didn't submit the game cause he thought that a 15 minutes port can never win a contest.
In spain we call it "Barrer pa casa" :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. Sorry about my rusty english
Just joking! You Spaniards are great!
I was joking too of course, but I don't know how bubble train could win that contest (since i got bored after playing it 10 minutes).
I think you guiris are great too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jimmy, your signature screenshot sample has me all hot & bothered. You have a website? That looks sweet. Are those explosions and that lens-flare in the game?

Hey Jimmy, your signature screenshot sample has me all hot & bothered. You have a website? That looks sweet. Are those explosions and that lens-flare in the game?

Well defintly I need to open a new website for JimmySlam :D I have another one but is personal... Or maybe I have to put them together... will see... :)

well , the lens flares are not at the moment on the code but easily they will :D..

At the moment I am working hard on the graphics engine.. well is not a proper engine according to one of my friends , it is for me. Just give me a few coords , and frames and u will have enemies coming for u
:D

U know, i didnt think about the lens flares on the beginning but now that u gave me the idea and u insisted .. i will DEFNITALLY do it.

By the way , another aim for the game is to be the best shoot em up style game for gp2x. At the moment is not hard to do it , it is only one... and a bit .. ehem.... i think it is a test game really.I just respect the author a lot and i dont want to say bad things about THAT game. :)

Anything else?

Listen i am not a designer, only programmer ... but anyway i will try making cool graphics for this. And maybe just maybe this will fall on the competition. :)

Any other ideas!!?

:lol: It wasn't my idea, David Beoulve noticed the picture, and I noticed after... I could give suggestions regarding the space shooter, but I'm working on my own one this minute :)... The game that you're working on is looking great :) even without the flares.

Someone with a foot in both the English (this one) and the Spanish GP2X scene should get together a list of the Spanish games that are being developed/ have been developed. Maybe some Spanish-English savvy people could also help translate the best Spanish-only titles to English.

I only know a few words of Spanish, all of them dirty, so I wouldn't be much use in that respect. I could, however, offer to proof-read the English translations.

Magnulus posted on Jul 28 2006 at 09:22 AM said:
Someone with a foot in both the English (this one) and the Spanish GP2X scene should get together a list of the Spanish games that are being developed/ have been developed. Maybe some Spanish-English savvy people could also help translate the best Spanish-only titles to English.

I only know a few words of Spanish, all of them dirty, so I wouldn't be much use in that respect. I could, however, offer to proof-read the English translations.
As for upcoming games, I think the WIP page that was just built is a pretty good resource. As for games already released, there are some great ones but they seem to already be in English or don't have enough text to need translation (like Tilematch).

NazcaRunners could be a great game but it has so many issues that it's not very playable.

JimmySlam posted on Jul 27 2006 at 08:43 PM said:
thanks thanks on the wiki .. wip is a page to the project . and then is a link to the youtube if you want to see it moving...
WIKI - WIP

I've added my project to the WIP page of the wiki (my project is Kurayagi: The demon slayer)

efegea posted on Oct 5 2006 at 01:57 PM said:
JimmySlam posted on Jul 27 2006 at 08:43 PM said:
thanks thanks on the wiki .. wip is a page to the project . and then is a link to the youtube if you want to see it moving...
WIKI - WIP

I've added my project to the WIP page of the wiki (my project is Kurayagi: The demon slayer)

Ahí ahí como el Almodovar, haciendo promoción xD

NazcaRunners could be a great game but it has so many issues that it's not very playable.

Any spanish people here know what happened to Nazca by the way? I miss his very nice games. :/

Back