Gp2x Delfault Runing 298mhz !!!

My homebrew ISO to BIN converter works like this:

1) Select the ISO file to convert.
2) Change the extension from .ISO to .BIN
3) And it works!

I guess I have a really nice cpu in mine.

I was able to play at 280mhz for several hours without issue.

I'm impressed. The system runs much smoother and there is a lot less issues visually too.

Minkoff posted on Dec 10 2005 at 06:36 AM said:
The video player doesn't start because it uses the second CPU which this program turns off. I don't know why you'd want to clock higher to watch videos though. :blink:
I don't think this is the reason cause the video plays normally at 280/2 Mhz...It must be smthing about the relation of the clock of the 920 to the 940.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now THIS is nice :) glad it was all due to a little programming error int he original program, and that everyone can now overclock their gp2xs until they melt! Huzzah! No seriously, this is damnably cool. I'd guess though that it needs to be established what the "average" overclock speed is- ie one that everyone ought to be able to reach before anyone goes writing programs assuming everyone can reliably overclock to near 300MHz.

hmm sad thing is my gp2x runs best at 295/300 mhz (near to nothing flickering, best clockspeed of all for me)

mysql101 posted on Dec 10 2005 at 02:02 PM said:
I guess I have a really nice cpu in mine.

I was able to play at 280mhz for several hours without issue.

I'm impressed. The system runs much smoother and there is a lot less issues visually too.

i think the CPU is not faulty for crashes, for example crashes at 266 or even less mhz are NOT normal, i guess the speed changing itself, or maybe added to some other parameter like linux etc is making a combinations of reasons to crash, maybe the overcklocking is accentuating an existing bug of whatever, maybe the power supply itself is a part of the problem, or why not the SDcard?

so you can play for several hours one day, and some other day, it will crash even before exiting the overcklocking tool :p

Sonic-NKT posted on Dec 10 2005 at 02:26 PM said:
hmm sad thing is my gp2x runs best at 295/300 mhz (near to nothing flickering, best clockspeed of all for me)

my program doesn't go over 280 :huh: is there a new one again ?

edit: ah yes ! with 2 per day i can't follow! :p

so i tried 300, systematic crash immediately :eek:

i had no luck with my GP32's overcklocking, i guess i don't have more luck with my GP2X :eek:

Back