Lemonboy2X 0.5B2 Released

trooper

Trooper`s watching you !!!
Website
Visit site
juanvvc

Lemonboy2x 0.5b2
Well a new version of Lemonboy for GP2X with all the improvements and some more of Pickle. Developments with respect to 0.4 for GP2X:

- New graphics modes: Notaz scaling in gpSP, Scale2x, Scale53x.
- Fixed a bug in the function of changing palettes and menu watch
- Massive changes in the interior to make it portable (Wiz / Pandora). Includes the code for the version of Pickle Wiz.
- Advance the internal clock for games that support it (Pokemon Gold)
- New default settings for the button A, as many have asked not to change by hand the configuration file
- Support SuperGameboy preliminary. The edges work well, the blades are not included SGB border option to save and use it in normal mode.
- Lots of bugs here and there.

Original post and download link

Great to see development for the Wiz is ported to the GP2X. Thanks Trooper for the news and juanvvc for the hard work.

This version doesn't seem to remember the last directory ROMS were started from. Always starts in the same directory.
Might be an easy change of a config file, but I thought it was different in the previous version.

trooper said:
- Massive changes in the interior to make it portable (Wiz / Pandora). Includes the code for the version of Pickle Wiz. 
- Advance the internal clock for games that support it (Pokemon Gold) 
- Support SuperGameboy preliminary. The edges work well, the blades are not included SGB border option to save and use it in normal mode.
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for gp2x for those who haven't updated to the wiz or will not :)

Thanks !
paxl13

b_o_b said:
This version doesn't seem to remember the last directory ROMS were started from. Always starts in the same directory.
Might be an easy change of a config file, but I thought it was different in the previous version.

It is, find the config file and type in your path. It is always roms by default.

Man, my English is not very good but I can do waaay better than Google and their automatic translator :D

"Remember last selected rom" was a nice feature in 0.4 that cannot be easily implemented in this last version due to subfolders. Anyway, I'll do my best because it is annoying even for me. Keep in mind that this version is exactly the same than the last Lemonboy for Wiz by Pickle, so:

- SuperGameboy is not working very well, only custom bordes seem to be ok. Load a rom in SGB mode, save the border (there is a new option in the menu for this), load again the game in Color gameboy mode and select the custom border.
- The new video modes that Pickle added to the Wiz version are available, but some of them need an overclock of at least 225Mhz in order to run flawlessly.

The B2 means that I'm still working on this and by no means it is a final version. It is pretty stable, though. Enjoy!

Nice to see more GP2X stuff hitting the frontpage, and I use LemonBoy a lot myself too.

Keep up the good work.

juanvvc said:
Man, my English is not very good but I can do waaay better than Google and their automatic translator :D

I do apologise juanvvc, My Spanish is... Well, nonexistent, And google was my only option.

But i really wished YOU had posted it as news here, As it should really be you up there at the top of this threads.

A very big thank you for the update juanvvc, From me and all the GP2x owners, And for continuing to support the GP2x.

Trooper

juanvvc said:
"Remember last selected rom" was a nice feature in 0.4 that cannot be easily implemented in this last version due to subfolders. Anyway, I'll do my best because it is annoying even for me.

Isn't that the most common way to progress, 'scratching your own itch' :)
Not a big deal to change a config file though.

Hi all,

1st of all, thanks a lot for still supporting us with our gp2x standard :)

I tryed the emulator a lot yesterday and I must ask something.
By default for color game the palette to be used it colorful ? I find that default
the color are washed out...

Also is the emulation not a little bit too fast ? I was wondering cause I find that
all games play more faster than in gnuboy2x... and the fps reported is 64...

Also the scale2x ans scale53x are really beautiful but realy hard on the cpu. scale53x
with zelda oracle of season on no frameskip at 200 Mhz do 25 fps :)

Another thing, I'm under the impression when you change the palette in game, the cpu clock
get back to 175 Mhz... Is that true or Im fool :) :blink:

Would also it be possible to move the viewport for the scale2x ? Like with a key !

Thanks a lot for your effort.
paxl13

edit: added a sugestion

Trooper, of course I'm not blaming you for a funny translation, but Google :) And I prefer publishing news at gp32spain because I feel there at home and "just" a guest here. This is not you people's fault either, of course :)

paxl13, you can set the default palette to whatever you want, and then select "save default options" :) I'll check the rest of your suggestions. Meanwhile, you can modify the offset of the viewport for scale2x and double size modes by means of editing the voffset line in any configuration file: etc/system.gp2x for a global value or configs/YOURGAME.rc for per-game option. voffset may have any value from 0 (top align) to 24 (bottom align), with a default value of 12 (in the middle)

Thanks for your comments!

Great to see that this is still being improved for the GP2X. I'm hoping this won't get forgotten compared to the newer WIZ and Pandora handhelds.
huh.gif

Tag5 said:
Great to see that this is still being improved for the GP2X. I'm hoping this won't get forgotten compared to the newer WIZ and Pandora handhelds.
huh.gif

I don't see currently a reason to buy a Wiz, as for Pandora, I don't know.

The gp2x with great emulator like this one is realy great :)

Question for you all :

Do you find the emulation a little bit too fast or that me and the FPS counter is a little bit off ?

Thanks for the info

paxl13

Back