Gp2x Case Mod

Thats not my style case, but :thumbup: to you for doing it. Ive been hesitent to paint one of my handhelds, because i worry about the paint wearing or chipping.

I DID paint my original NES about 16 years ago with automotive paint, and its still flawless to this day.

MadDog posted on Jul 22 2006 at 07:39 AM said:
You need to modify the skin so the white strips follow throw on the display.

Well here it is. It took a little muddling to get the stripes at the proper angle and width. It's just a modified Candy skin.

One with White balance set to the screen.

And one with white balance set to the light.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Mk1 metallic purple is far gay-er!

gpam2.jpg

That is decidedly a gay GP2X if I ever did see one. :D
Coincidentally, it's almost the exact same colour that my mobile phone is.

I still have trouble seeing what the point is of using "gay" as a derogatory remark. It's not like it's a negative word in any way. It means either "happy" or "homosexual", depending on your intention, which are both far from negative. I guess that also depends on the person saying it...

I like duckies.

ste_167 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:05 PM said:
How did you get the logo over the paint? Or did you paint around it?

Wite_Noiz posted on Jul 25 2006 at 04:23 AM said:
ste_167 posted on Jul 25 2006 at 12:05 PM said:
How did you get the logo over the paint? Or did you paint around it?

I think its just purple marker. Then again, I could be wrong.

Yeah, a purple marker, I've not a steady enough hand for spray painting! I tried to blend into the grey/black around the logo. It worked to some extent, but looks alot better on my photo than in real-life

If you make a mistake, there's always nail polish remover or paint thinner. It'll strip off just about everything, including the logo.

Yeah, but that could damage the plastic if you're not careful :) .

And I don't use nail polish or nail polish remover ( ok , I guess that my gf does but that's hardly the point as she doesn't live with me since I found myself a new gf ( a sexy GP2X that never argues with me ) ) . :lol:

Back