Gp2x Battery Problem .. ?

iniquity

Still Fresh
ok, i just recieved my gp2x a week or so ago, and i have aquired some duracell pro pc1500 batteries (they are supposedly what industries use <_< ) i put them in and i am only getting about 20 minutes of actual gameplay from these batteries, and then they are dead/won't power the gp2x anymore.

is there something wrong with my unit, or maybe i flashed the gp2x and it screwed up power properties or something? (thank god i have a AC power cord)

how long is battery life supposed to last on normal batteries?
is my unit screwed up?
any fixes that i dont know about?

someone please help.
thank you

(i would hate to have to return it, because im sure i will have to pay shipping to send it back to hong kong)

edit: my firmware is the latest. i am going to try and flash it again.

Alkali batetrys are bad for high drain devices like the gp2x, they wont last longer as half a hour.
use nimh batterys, they should give you 4-6 hours.

Pleas use the seach function next time, this is a realy common topic.

Vimacs posted on Mar 6 2006 at 09:32 AM said:
Alkali batetrys are bad for high drain devices like the gp2x, they wont last longer as half a hour.
use nimh batterys, they should give you 4-6 hours.

Pleas use the seach function next time, this is a realy common topic.
i did use search, and everything that popped up had nothing to do with my question

i didnt think the duracell pro were alkaline, (all that is on these batteries were "duracell professional, not for retail"
these batteries come from a hospital where they are used on much BIGGER devices than a little gp2x :)

so im guessing my unit is defective
ps - also tried rechargable batteries and they were dead in 20 minutes also, only 700mah (cheap ass rechargeables)

even the 2 batteries that came with it were dead in 10 minutes :(

Last edited by a moderator:
There's nothing wrong with your unit, your batteries are crap. Get good (2500mah or higher) rechargeables and you'll get 4 or 5 hours. I'm suprised it ran for as long as 20 mins with 700mah.

so, I've got some 850 mah NiCd that are 5 years old that I'm using. They last for 20 minutes. My 2200 mahs last for 3 hours.

"Industry" or "Heavy Duty" batteries are best suited for low-drain devices, like a desk clock for example.

Pop down to your closest Walgreens. For $20 you can pick up 4 2500mAh batteries and a charger.

Yep rechargeable NiMh batteries are the bomb! I have four 2300 mah batteries and four 2500 batteries and cycle them through my charger, I can run for like a day straight with just those 4 sets.

Back