My Battery Problem

iniquity

Still Fresh
i bought 4 2500mah 1.2v NiMH batteries, and the gp2x unit drains them in 10 minutes or sometimes won't even boot up fully. is there any fixes for this problem or is my unit broke .. ?

thank guys

Vimacs posted on Mar 25 2006 at 07:59 PM said:
either your batterys or your charger is defective.

they are not, they work fine on other devices, and i have tried other batteries too ..
i dont think my problem is so simple,
also my battery light is on and says low battery all the time on my unit (using the ac adapter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I hate my memory... it's full of holes like a swiss cheese!!!

There was somebody on the forum that had the exact same problem... his unit was also draining the batteries in minutes and then going dead. He had to sent it back and get it replaced... apparently a faulty device!

trooper posted on Mar 26 2006 at 06:10 PM said:
How old are these batteries ?.

How many times (rough guess) have you charged them up ?.

Trooper
I had charged my batteries something like 30 times... and they worked fine in my gp32, not for 10 hours but 4-5.
So I was scared that I just had a faulty unit, but when using new batteries from my mate my gp2x works for 3.5 hours :).

xnopasaranx posted on Mar 25 2006 at 08:32 PM said:

There was somebody on the forum that had the exact same problem... his unit was also draining the batteries in minutes and then going dead. He had to sent it back and get it replaced... apparently a faulty device!

yup .. i have a faulty device. i ran out and bought 4 different rechargable battery brands and chargers, and all the same, it doesnt go through boot and when i have the AC adapter pluged in, it says low battery all the time

iniquity posted on Mar 27 2006 at 07:06 AM said:
xnopasaranx posted on Mar 25 2006 at 08:32 PM said:

yup .. i have a faulty device. i ran out and bought 4 different rechargable battery brands and chargers, and all the same, it doesnt go through boot and when i have the AC adapter pluged in, it says low battery all the time
hmm, some of my batteries go trough boot, but after I have used them for like 15mins it suddenly doesnt work! :(
Im confused, would my unit be faulty or not?

btw. On a pair of my friend brand new batteries my gp2x lasts for 3 hours.

xnopasaranx posted on Mar 25 2006 at 06:32 PM said:

Heh, I just posted about that in 'brokengp2x's thread.
I had this issue in late December. I bought a pair of rechargables and several photo quality AA's to test. It was the unit. It worked fine with an AC adapter of course (don't know about the light, because in my firmware it was disabled).

shipped mine back and the new unit worked great.

I bought some supposedly 2800 mAh batteries off ebay from some store in Hong Kong, they definitely are not 2800 since they last like 10 minutes. I'm sorry but you probably got screwed buying those batteries. I use some others I bought at Fry's (2500 mAh name brand) and they work fine and last 3-4 hours.

Back