Problem Powering Up My Gp2x

bemani

Still Fresh
I've just recently got my GP2x which is awesome by the way. Vektar and the Megadrive emulator are currently my faves and damn impressive. Well done to those talented guys in homebrew land.

Anyway, when I got it I only had some half decent batteries. They worked fine but only for about 20mins or so. Once they died I used my power supply (yes 3volts). Been using this for a few days for an hour or so at a time now and had no problems. However, as most on these forums recommended, I got some rechargable batteries (2500Mah). I fully charged them and put them in my GP2x but nothing happens. I get no power whatsoever. I've tried another pair of rechargable batteries and a brand new set of Duracell Plus but still nothing. The batteries work fine in everything else. My AC adapter still works fine and my GP2x happily plays everything I throw at it, just not via the batteries!
So, have I killed something somehow? Is it major and how easy is it to fix? Thanks in advance.

Is your 3v PSU regulated? If it isn't, you may have had a voltage spike and fried the DC-DC converter. Return it to your dealer, and be vague about what happened ;)

Back