Battery Life

project86

Don't worry, this is not the usual battery life complaint. I get fairly decent life out of all my batteries, which include Sony 2100mAh, Energizer 2200mAh, and Duracell 2650mAh. I've been playing games at work, and I frequently get interupted (can you believe that?!?! I'm trying to play NeoGeo dangit!) so I usually turn the unit off rather than leave it paused for a long time... thinking I will save battery life this way.

So my question is: Does it draw more power to boot up over and over, or just leave the thing on?

I dont think it consumes more power booting it, the gp2x is not a car afterall.

Did you try the energysaver utility yet?

I know it's not a car... But I've had laptop computers exibit similar behavior where booting seemed to drain the battery quickly. What is the energysaver utility?

Last edited by a moderator:

I know it's not a car... But I've had laptop computers exibit similar behavior where booting seemed to drain the battery quickly. What is the energysaver utility?

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,1580

Will allow it to run in "standby" to save battery life, by turning down the clockspeed and switching off the screen :)

I believe it's fully configurable.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK I'll have to try that. I also think I might have that problem with my first edition, is it called a regulator? Something like that. Because my 2650mAh batteries (brand new) died already, and I only got maybe an hour total playing time out of them... which did involve lots of turning the unit off and on. I bought this unit used though so I guess I'll just deal with it, if it really is that problem. I'll try just leaving it on pause instead of turning it off, see if that changes anything.
[/quote]

Back