Gp2x Battery Problem .. ?

iniquity

Still Fresh
ok, i just recieved my gp2x a week or so ago, and i have aquired some duracell pro pc1500 batteries (they are supposedly what industries use <_< ) i put them in and i am only getting about 20 minutes of actual gameplay from these batteries, and then they are dead/won't power the gp2x anymore.

is there something wrong with my unit, or maybe i flashed the gp2x and it screwed up power properties or something? (thank god i have a AC power cord)

how long is battery life supposed to last on normal batteries?
is my unit screwed up?
any fixes that i dont know about?

someone please help.
thank you

(i would hate to have to return it, because im sure i will have to pay shipping to send it back to hong kong)

edit: my firmware is the latest. i am going to try and flash it again.

Vimacs

Don't be evil!
Website
Visit site
Alkali batetrys are bad for high drain devices like the gp2x, they wont last longer as half a hour.
use nimh batterys, they should give you 4-6 hours.

Pleas use the seach function next time, this is a realy common topic.

iniquity

Still Fresh
Vimacs posted on Mar 6 2006 at 09:32 AM said:
Alkali batetrys are bad for high drain devices like the gp2x, they wont last longer as half a hour.
use nimh batterys, they should give you 4-6 hours.

Pleas use the seach function next time, this is a realy common topic.
i did use search, and everything that popped up had nothing to do with my question

i didnt think the duracell pro were alkaline, (all that is on these batteries were "duracell professional, not for retail"
these batteries come from a hospital where they are used on much BIGGER devices than a little gp2x :)

so im guessing my unit is defective
ps - also tried rechargable batteries and they were dead in 20 minutes also, only 700mah (cheap ass rechargeables)

even the 2 batteries that came with it were dead in 10 minutes :(

Last edited by a moderator:

woogal

Certified Guru
Website
gp32.sector808.org
There's nothing wrong with your unit, your batteries are crap. Get good (2500mah or higher) rechargeables and you'll get 4 or 5 hours. I'm suprised it ran for as long as 20 mins with 700mah.

Purist

I'm stupid. Nothing more!
Website
Visit site
so, I've got some 850 mah NiCd that are 5 years old that I'm using. They last for 20 minutes. My 2200 mahs last for 3 hours.

jaesond

Still Fresh
"Industry" or "Heavy Duty" batteries are best suited for low-drain devices, like a desk clock for example.

Pop down to your closest Walgreens. For $20 you can pick up 4 2500mAh batteries and a charger.

cbox

Yep rechargeable NiMh batteries are the bomb! I have four 2300 mah batteries and four 2500 batteries and cycle them through my charger, I can run for like a day straight with just those 4 sets.