Gp2psx V0.33

'No-one can stop Mr Domino' works, little 3d gfx look so nice, but only at about 4fps.... Will have to try vib ribbon in the morning :)

edit: typo

Frameskip buttons are now: Push Analog Stick in + L/R. At least I think. :p I always seem to forgot button configs. L2/R2 is volume down, volume up though. I suppose I should swap those two?

There's some good news on the optimizations front. Quite a few people have pitched in to help optimizing, including a dynamic recompiler and GPU optimizations. Looks promising. :)

awesome :)

see if squidge wouldnt mind sharing his menu code from SSNES for GP2XPSX :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No chance on implemented the overclocking menu in the near future, unless squidge would like to share his code...

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I GOT SOUND WORKING IN MY PSX PORTS...INCLUDING GP2PSX! YAY!

Check it out:
http://www.friggingames.com/gp2psx033wsnd.zip

Read the readme.txt for a bit of info. Basically, sound works without much worry, just don't use ZNX compression as it rips out the sound from an ISO. Other than that, enjoy. Btw, it doesn't seem to slow down the games I tested much! :)

YAY SOUND YAY!

Good work zodttd. This is great the progress you are making on this emu of psx.

nickspoon: Off topic, but I noticed your sig said you couldn't get Flite2x working since it doesn't support OSS. OSS the sound engine? The SPU I used has OSS used in it.

nickspoon: Off topic, but I noticed your sig said you couldn't get Flite2x working since it doesn't support OSS. OSS the sound engine? The SPU I used has OSS used in it.
I have yet to test it, but if what you say is true then I may be well on the way to porting Flite. Yay for computery voices! Only problem is, there's a huge voice resource file for Flite (about 14MB) to compile, and the PC I use to compile is only a 400MHz with 128MB RAM. It's currently been compiling for the past hour or so.

No chance on implemented the overclocking menu in the near future, unless squidge would like to share his code...
I think Inopia was the one who made the menu, so if you're interested, you should ask him. Also, I think including overclocking and the menu were two different suggestions. :p

Has noone tried MGS yet? The VR missions would work... This is what determines wether I give a donation or not, as this would be all I'll play with the emulator. I'd just like to know if it gets ingame.

Is HLE emulation supported in the latest release? I only get about 5 frames per second with final fantasy tactics on it without HLE emulation, and it freezes when I try to use it....

HLE has been disabled in the recent releases.

I tryed out a ridge racer rip and all the sound effects up to race are perfect and the games is pretty much playable,

However when you actually get inot a race the sound, while perfect, slows everything down even more so.

About how much slower is it with sound? Working on improving performance as we speak. :)

Back