Got displays, looking for keymats

@N3Cr0: I've read that Pyra's nubs will also have buttons in them, just like PS analog sticks.
OK, I didn't know that's even possible. Somehow I've missed that, but that's awesome! :D
Those buttons can not be pushed when you move the stick.
It's not easy, but possible. IIRC there are a few games where you have to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope EvilDragon reads this:

It may sound crazy, but could you add some spare L+R solder pads like in the Pandora?

I'm thinking about handling an analog controller properly in emulators. They have L3/R3 buttons in the analog sticks and sometimes these buttons have to be pressed while moving the stick.

To do so on a Pandora (lets consider we have mapped L3 to Q and R3 to P), we can put our middle fingers on the shoulder buttons, the thumbs on the nubs and the index fingers on Q and P. That's not very comfortable.

So what I have in mind is the option of a triple shoulder button mod.
What game(s) do you play in emulation where center clicking while moving is necessary? Is it one of the FPS variants?

I had FPS in mind, but no actual example. However, it has been a while, but I believe in Manhunt you could look backwards with R3 while moving the camera with the stick.

Nonsense to me though as I would of sought the answer out myself by counting the number of gumballs
You literally have no idea the amount of irony that is in your statement there. I am internally screaming. It's like a train driving very slowly off a bridge: it can't be stopped and yet I so very much want to try.

I had FPS in mind, but no actual example. However, it has been a while, but I believe in Manhunt you could look backwards with R3 while moving the camera with the stick.
It would be nice to have three x two shoulder buttons. :)

Nonsense to me though as I would of sought the answer out myself by counting the number of gumballs
You literally have no idea the amount of irony that is in your statement there. I am internally screaming. It's like a train driving very slowly off a bridge: it can't be stopped and yet I so very much want to try.
No, it's a sorrowful, common, and fruitless choice to cling to and stretch the absurd intellectually or dramatically to fit neatly into, and in order to define, reality.

1. Find the answer yourself.

2. Let another find the answer for you.

3. Ignore the question/statement posed and move on in ignorance or surety.

There is no order to the above selection. ;)

Now, let's talk about how you'd do the shoulder buttons on the Pyra. ED surely likes it when we do this. B)

^had no idea what you guys were talking about because of the cuts... I pieced it together. You saying that "a minority of people" felt a certain way, without citation,

That in it's self isn't so bad, but when asked for a citation you said it was for them to provide.Your claim is now bullshit. When the credibility of your claim comes directly into question you need to back it up. You not providing evidence removes any weight from your statement, regardless of it being true or not. The person questioning your claim isn't required to prove you right or wrong, that's almost as ridiculous as the original claim without citation. It is satisfying to prove people wrong though so lots of people jump at such an opportunity.

I claim that you are actually a saber tooth tiger typing on a keyboard.

Choose the best answer.

A )It's true until you can prove without a doubt you are not in fact a sabertooth tiger. (I want genetic evidence)

B )It's only true once I've proven you are a saber tooth tiger and in fact not a person. (I have genetic evidence)

C )Ignore the statement because I'm being ignorant.

No, it's a sorrowful, common, and fruitless choice to cling to and stretch the absurd intellectually or dramatically to fit neatly into, and in order to define, reality.
There it goes, train right off the end of the bridge. Couldn't save it. All those orphans. And puppies. Orphan puppies.
Now, let's talk about how you'd do the shoulder buttons on the Pyra. ED surely likes it when we do this
Oh wait, it lost a few cars (poor orphan puppies) but mostly landed on another track. :p
Anywho, personally I don't have a problem with the horizontal button proposal. On both Pandora and 3DS my pointer fingers sit flush to the case so when I click the shoulder buttons I'm actually pulling them in with the outer part of the second joint, I'm not using the tips of my fingers. By cutting the current buttons in half to make two I can press the inner buttons with my finger tips and the outer buttons still with the joint, switching from one to the other with a very small rocking motion, or both with a finger flex. I'm simulating it on my Pandora right now, seems to be pretty comfortable, easy enough to get used to.

Now, let's talk about how you'd do the shoulder buttons on the Pyra. ED surely likes it when we do this
Anywho, personally I don't have a problem with the horizontal button proposal. On both Pandora and 3DS my pointer fingers sit flush to the case so when I click the shoulder buttons I'm actually pulling them in with the outer part of the second joint, I'm not using the tips of my fingers. By cutting the current buttons in half to make two I can press the inner buttons with my finger tips and the outer buttons still with the joint, switching from one to the other with a very small rocking motion, or both with a finger flex. I'm simulating it on my Pandora right now, seems to be pretty comfortable, easy enough to get used to.
Good feedback there. Do you think they need to be raised or flush with the case? How about making them longer in the vertical direction with a small amount of separation horizontally between each pair: |  |   |  | ------------ |  |   |  | instead of chopping the Pandora shoulders through the middle and calling it four?

^had no idea what you guys were talking about because of the cuts... I pieced it together. You saying that "a minority of people" felt a certain way, without citation,

That in it's self isn't so bad, but when asked for a citation you said it was for them to provide.Your claim is now bullshit. When the credibility of your claim comes directly into question you need to back it up. You not providing evidence removes any weight from your statement, regardless of it being true or not. The person questioning your claim isn't required to prove you right or wrong, that's almost as ridiculous as the original claim without citation. It is satisfying to prove people wrong though so lots of people jump at such an opportunity.

I claim that you are actually a saber tooth tiger typing on a keyboard.

Choose the best answer.

A )It's true until you can prove without a doubt you are not in fact a sabertooth tiger. (I want genetic evidence)

B )It's only true once I've proven you are a saber tooth tiger and in fact not a person. (I have genetic evidence)

C )Ignore the statement because I'm being ignorant.
You're a funny fellow but humor or not I don't feel the pull or pressure to follow some established rule(like any of these rules claiming wisdom, the mind on autopilot) about citing specifically why I think more people dislike that the Pandora's hinge flips to 180° and beyond. I've read enough posts here and have watched enough Pandora reviews to call it a problem I don't want the Pyra to "feature" revisit. I further believe though 160° would satisfy both groups and might even give us stacked shoulder buttons. Maybe. 

Now let's put the soapbox away. Meow.

that the Pandora's hinge flips to 180°
The Pandora opens to exactly 170 degrees.
Apologies for taking this conversation in a direction other than large fanged felines but when I upgraded to a 1gig pandora I kept the old black case.

I had no problem with how much the pandora opened. Still don't. I find it quite comfortable.

Do the newer platinum colour cases open to a different angle? Or have a different thickness to the lid? I wasn't aware.

That might explain some of the confusion here.

Personally with the older black case I think I might find it difficult to use vertical shoulder buttons. There just isn't enough space for it to be very comfortable for me.

That said I'm sure I could compromise for the pyra if I had to.

None of my issues are dealbreakers compared to the potential for this device.

Do the newer platinum colour cases open to a different angle? Or have a different thickness to the lid? I wasn't aware
No, it is and has always been 170 degrees, I've got CC, Rebirth, and 1Ghz and they all open the same. It's not the case that determines the angle, it's the small metal connector dealy inside. Open the lid, set it on a table, squat down and look at it edge on, you can see the lid definitely isn't parallel to the table.I think the issue is that people don't realize how small 10 degrees actually is.

Nonsense to me though as I would of sought the answer out myself by counting the number of gumballs. :lol:
Well, you better start counting, then :) Had any particular methodolgy in mind?

I've read enough posts here and have watched enough Pandora reviews to call it a problem

I saws it on the INTERNETS, therefore TRUTH!!!

Idea flash: Make shoulder buttons that can be rotated 90 degrees so the second buttons can be either to the side or below.

Secondary function of this solution would be to double as legs so when you put down the Pyra on a table it can either lay flat or a little raised.

Idea flash: Make shoulder buttons that can be rotated 90 degrees so the second buttons can be either to the side or below.

Secondary function of this solution would be to double as legs so when you put down the Pyra on a table it can either lay flat or a little raised.

And you really think such a thing can be  produced at a reasonable price when even horizontal Buttons are too complex?

Maybe the Pyra should be something like this:

tranformer-laptop-usb-hub-500x272.jpg

Nonsense to me though as I would of sought the answer out myself by counting the number of gumballs. :lol:
Well, you better start counting, then :) Had any particular methodolgy in mind?

I've read enough posts here and have watched enough Pandora reviews to call it a problem

I saws it on the INTERNETS, therefore TRUTH!!!
You want truth?  Ask if public shaming should be employed as a way to enforce one side in an epistemological dispute.  ;)

And you really think such a thing can be  produced at a reasonable price when even horizontal Buttons are too complex?
Here's a thought: two very good shoulder buttons like on the 3DS XL. Skip the other two. Maybe instead add another face button(Right Alt) to East of the right speaker(straight down from where R2's switch would be which is empty and will not be occupied by anything speaker-related). 

Back