"gorgeous Face"

Ravnos said:
LHC said:
Ravnos said:
I dunno, I prefer the days when The Simpsons was clever satire instead of over-the-top slapstick.

I'm also still angry that Futurama was cancelled in its prime while The Simpsons has been allowed to limp along for so long. There is no justice in this world.
If Futurama had carried on you would be complaining that it was left to limp along.

Yes, if they let it run for close to 20 years when they'd run out of ideas long ago I would definitely complain, but the plug wasn't pulled on it so they could leave on a high note, it was because it was expensive to produce (for a cartoon) and people didn't "get it" so the ratings suffered.

Exactly, people don't want good satire nowadays, they want mind-numbing stupidity. Apparently, that is why Matt Groening jumped off of the Simpsons train... since he left, the Simpsons have gone down the drain. It's too bad, I used to worship that show. Look at the crap people consume today, reality shows, court-room shows, fake courtroom shows, fake talkshows, drawn together (have never seen a single episode of that being really funny).

One thing that truly annoys me with adult cartoons is that they are all believing it's so cool to be edgy and all that. It's not... there is people who can pull it off, take southpark, family guy (eventhough often a blatant simpsons rippoff ) or american dad. But there is pretty much the everyone else who just plainly goes over the top. Subtlety seems to be a word they don't know. What the fuck has happened to good entertainment these days? This is why I trashed my cable and use my TV set for videogaming only now. I can get my own shows from the internet... screw this shit, everything I want to watch, I can get from the video-rental store or pirated... I am not going to watch that shit they call television entertainment.

(not sure how it is in other countries but here in Germany, every remotely interesting format and also the shitty ones they come up with is basically copied by EVERY tv station you can name. It gets so dull and redundant... how stupid are people to watch that? GO READ A BOOK FOLKS)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it much more funny that Noel has managed to kill and injure several people in his TV career... and is still on TV.

CABBAGES said:
who did he kill and injure ? :blink:

During the Late Late Breakfast years.. prime time Saturday night TV:
Viewer injured in live stunt

Eventually, axed when a viewer was killed in a bunjee jump stunt (whilst inside a locked safe, if I remember)
BBC1 Continuity - 15.11.86 - Late Late Breakfast Show Axed

And the helicopter crash.

Ohh another: in 1983, Barbara Sleeman broke her shoulder after being fired from a cannon; she would later say "The BBC don't give a damn. They just want the viewers."

Did he managed to hurt anyone on the house party show?

i liked the way he shrugged of the two bad car accidents like nothing had happened very considerate.....

craigix said:

Ohh another: in 1983, Barbara Sleeman broke her shoulder after being fired from a cannon; she would later say "The BBC don't give a damn. They just want the viewers."

I think everyone who came into contact with Mr Blobby recieved some kind of crushing injury :rolleyes:

craigix said:

Yeap :D

Back