GOG.com

For a lot of time I just read complaint about GOG Galaxy in the official forum... then I saw a lot of complaints because no one from GOG was responding... then they also posted one or two threads to ask what people was thinking, but they never gave answers to the people who where posting there, so it seemed like a bad joke "What do you think about that ? *cover the ears and starts shouting LA LA LA LA LA LA !!! Can't Hear You !!*"...
So, people started to complain even more about the absence of GOG in their own forum...

And ONLY NOW I found out that for some unknown reason, GOG staff is actually active... ON REDDIT !!!

WTF ?! :confused:

FREE STUFF (for limited time)
Ultima Underworld 1/2 and Syndicate 1/2
Thanks so much for the heads up! Haven't had a copy of Syndicate since I was a kid but often think of how much fun I had playing it and how much I would like to play it again. Also, Ultima Underworld is one of the games that I jealously watched over my older neighbor friend's shoulder but never owned. It's tough for me to play games in English anymore, I always feel like I should be studying Japanese instead, but I have always wanted to take a crack at Ultima Underworld. Really appreciate it.

I've had tons of fun with the original syndicate when I was a kid, but found that it had badly aged when I played it again recently. But I don't think I've ever tackled the American Revolt expansion, maybe I should give it a try.
I loved Syndicate Wars. It's one of the rare games that really handle the arms race very well. At the beginning of the game you can use some tactics like blowing up a building on top of an enemy to take him down, but later on you'll have whole blocks destroyed as collateral damage during fights and you'll have to find other ways to get the upper hand. It's getting a little too difficult at the end, though.

I had Ultima Underworld on a games compilation that came with my sound-card (or cd drive, I don't remember) but the strange thing is that I remember playing for hours and getting to many different places but never ever meeting a single human character I could talk to. I wonder if it was an early build that lacked some features or if I just didn't play it properly. I've been meaning to playing it again on my Pandora but I'm not sure it'll be very convenient to play with the nub mouse.

Oh man !! The missing Tomb Raider games just came to GOG, even the first one of the new trilogy... at like 1 € each... at some point I lost hope and got them all from Steam...

There's also QUAKE II RTX FREE, it's a modded engine with added ray tracing and contains the shareware levels of the game.

I check the store once a day, and still I missed "SteamWorld Dig 2" Giveaway :'(

Anyway I'm happy to advertise a new DLC for a super supported game that I hope to see developed forever.
The people behind it are always listening to critics and not only provide relevant improvements at every patch, but also more official modding tools and support for them !

Last edited:
Cool, seems like they really kept their promises in giving for free "Bright Memory: Infinite" to the owners of "Bright Memory", after the development stage was ended. :cool:

I check the store once a day, and still I missed "SteamWorld Dig 2" Giveaway :'(
Seems like that Giveaway is backfireing a bit... a lot of people is complaining about the absence of any advertise regarding it, and the strange starting hour.

I never had the will to set custom images for games in GOG Galaxy, and also I didn't linked other store clients to add their games, but I found pretty hilarious to know of the existence of this error:
Code:
[Error][ (0)] [TID 13120][galaxy_client]: [JS] Unmapped error description: owned images limit reached when uploading image override

Galaxy was designed as a customizable aggregator of all the games stores, but they put a limit to the number of custom images that can be used to decorate the game pages. :eek:

Back