GOG.com

Fzero

Advanced Member
Have a Time Machine Sale going on right now.

Games reduced by up to 90%.

You can extend or reduce each game by 1second too, so you don't know for sure how much longer each one will be listed before the next one rolls in... :)

At moment it's Sim City 2000 Special Edition, up for $1.49

Coming up;

Desperados Wanted Dead Or Alive

Gothic 3

Gothid 2 Gold Edition

The Zork Anthology

Painkiller Black Edition

I don't think it lists the sale prices of the upcoming ones until it's there turn

http://www.gog.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Simcity 2K for $1.50... ooooooooooooo do I want it? I think I want it.

A better game than Simcity 5. ;)

Simcity 2K for $1.50... ooooooooooooo do I want it? I think I want it.

A better game than Simcity 5. ;)
Beware! It is the ugly Dos version.

Just like with Dungeon Keeper, Gog.com does not want to do real work and just uses Dosbox instead of updating the Windows version.

There was a non-DOS version? That's the only version I played. It actually occurs to me that I probably still have the floppies in storage at my parents house.

Just like with Dungeon Keeper, Gog.com does not want to do real work and just uses Dosbox instead of updating the Windows version.
true, gog.com mainly relies on the work of other when it comes to make games of a certain age "compatible": dosbox and scummvm. But otherwise it would just be too expensive to bother with. The only possibility to get these games to work right on so many different systems without needing an overly big support department would be to pack them in a virtual machine including and old windows license, which in turn would drive the price up (if even possible).So while its sad that they won't be available through gog.com, its at least understandable from my point of view.

true, gog.com mainly relies on the work of other when it comes to make games of a certain age "compatible": dosbox and scummvm. But otherwise it would just be too expensive to bother with. The only possibility to get these games to work right on so many different systems without needing an overly big support department would be to pack them in a virtual machine including and old windows license, which in turn would drive the price up (if even possible).
So while its sad that they won't be available through gog.com, its at least understandable from my point of view.
They should at least add the windows versions as bonus content or whatever, because they run pretty good in my WinXP and Dungeon Keeper looks awesome with D3D including anti aliasing and anisotropic filter.

I am glad to have the proper version of Dungeon Keeper Gold in my shelf, wanted to sell it after getting the Gog-version and was very disappointed to notice, that it is inferior to my old one.

Gog.com seems to be run by script kiddies uploading cracked games for windows and that's it.

Carmageddon Max Pack - Original game plus the Splat Pack Expansion

$1.49 bargain :)

Altough I can't wrap my head around why gog.com activly refuses to go the linux support route, there is still much to like about it. Such the recent language updates for

Fragile Allegiance - French, German
Darklands - German
Master of Magic - French, German
Alone in the Dark 3 - French, German, Italian
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare - French, Spanish
Sid Meier's Colonization - French, German, Spanish
Waxworks - French, Spanish
Pirates Gold Plus - French, German
Simon the Sorcerer 1 - French, German, Italian, Spanish
Simon the Sorcerer 2 - French, German
Source

That is good news. Now just to hope they can get games that already support Linux and have been running successfully on a number of configurations for years up in a timely manner.

"Native linux client"? Since the a huge part of their library is made up of DosBox and ScummVM games, that should be, like, a LOT.

As others have said, I'd be happy with a zip archive of the data files so I didn't have to jump through any hoops in order to install them where and how I wanted them. It wouldn't take much to appease the Linux crowd.

Just dropping a note to record that they're running an Interplay sale this weekend, with games sold at 50% of their GOG RRP.  Pandora related as far as I know that means:

Freespace+expansion: 2.99USD (the former can be played via ptitseb's port, dunno about the expansion)

Freespace 2: 4.99USD (Ptitseb saves the day again)

Descent 1+2: 4.99USD (the latter also playable via a port by Streak, but both playable thanks to Ptitseb)

Not the best deal ever - I know the first freespace was sold for a little over 50c cheaper before christmas, but it's not a bad price and perhaps a good way to get all those games in one lot.  Anyone know of any other Interplay games that are playable on Pandora?

How do you get gog games to work on the pandora?
Download and install the game on a regular PC and copy the data files to the appropriate directory in the appdata folders of the Pandora ports.

Back