Gngeo2x 0.6.9 *update*

Can you compress the gfx in ram? The 2d accelerator is useful for it?

will it run the larger games? And what size SD card would you need? I know some games like the Metal Slug 3 and up are over 500mb and KOF 99 and up are over 500mb so do you need at least a gig SD card or are the rom images compressed from the actual cart size?

Metal Slug works great without sound, with sound its a bit slow (even at 300Mhz)

will it run the larger games?  And what size SD card would you need?  I know some games like the Metal Slug 3 and up are over 500mb and KOF 99 and up are over 500mb so do you need at least a gig SD card or are the rom images compressed from the actual cart size?
STOP SAYING THIS

It really fucking annoys me when you say this, somebody comes in and corrects you but you never read the thread again so you make the same mistake for the THIRD FUCKING TIME.

Last edited by a moderator:
will it run the larger games?  And what size SD card would you need?  I know some games like the Metal Slug 3 and up are over 500mb and KOF 99 and up are over 500mb so do you need at least a gig SD card or are the rom images compressed from the actual cart size?
STOP SAYING THIS

It really fucking annoys me when you say this, somebody comes in and corrects you but you never read the thread again so you make the same mistake for the THIRD FUCKING TIME.

sorry

The corrupt graphics are caused by using the 'newer' mame dumps - I busted out some old dumps I had collected back in the NeoRageX days and they work fine with this emu. That being said - I'd really like to see it compatable with the latest MAME compatable dumps since these are MUCH easier to come by.

the biggest rom I've seen so far had 688Mbit you can store about 5 of them on your 488MByte(yeah the 512MB is a fake number as we know...) SD along with a few other files. I don't think that will be a problem, the problem will be to put those roms into the 64MB Ram of the gp2x while still running the emulator and linux. I guess it's quite hard to think of a way to do this and I also think it's quite impossible under linux... let's wait for HH for the big ones.

Edit: And for the record, I own an MVS 6-Slot board and 78 actual cartridges. You just can't make something that big portable no matter how hard you try.

Well, Ben Heck made a handheld as well as a smaller version of the Neo Geo console. Pretty cool. Too bad it couldn't be smaller due to the catridge size.

i use gngeo on linux and it plays every rom without gfx bugs until now, so it shouldnt be that hard to fix this.

Edit:  And for the record, I own an MVS 6-Slot board and 78 actual cartridges.  You just can't make something that big portable no matter how hard you try.

Well, Ben Heck made a handheld as well as a smaller version of the Neo Geo console. Pretty cool. Too bad it couldn't be smaller due to the catridge size.

I was reading his page today. My problem is that I can't find a backpack big enough to hold 78 carts, being that they're larger than VHS tapes. That's why I have such a large bounty for this project.

I've tried 7 different BIOSes and can't get them to run. I have checked and doublechecked my scripts, and still all I get is a black screen. Any ideas?

Edit: Found the problem... it doesn't like UTF16 encoded GPU files. Mac users - Make sure you use UTF-8 in textedit.

I've been able to get several roms working with this emu and I think it's great. I can't seem to get League Bowling to work. That was one of my favorite games. Has anyone been able to get this one to work? I suspect that my rom is no good. It is an older rom that I use with NeoRage X. I've tried a more recent rom that works with Nebula but it won't run either.

I started up the discuession page there - but I've got results that differ from yours because we're using different rom dumps. We need to record something about the dump used or the list is pretty meaningless.

I have been trying to get this to run for a while now & can't work out what is wrong. When I run my script the screen goes black & a small arrow appears at the top left hand corner then it just exits back out. In my log file I get the follwoing error "Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)". I have all bios files detailed in the wiki placed unzipped in roms folder.

My script:

#/bin/sh
cd /mnt/sd/gngeo
exec /mnt/sd/gngeo/gngeo.gpe /roms/karnovr.zip --sound 1> gngeo.log.txt 2>&1

Rom is placed in gngeo - roms folder... anyone any ideas?

change the third line for sure.
exec /mnt/sd/gngeo/gngeo.gpe roms/karnovr.zip

otherwise /roms references from root, which in this case is your linux os.

Back