Gizmondo Homebrew Bounty

I just visit to laugh at the "I've done homebrew - look!" posts. They really are quite laughable.

Hmm apparently they have their discussions concerning development on irc, this is not a good idea! as it's mostly too cluttered and people forget to look at it, people forget to save log, they lose connection, you have to explain the same thing over and over and over...arrrg! ohh well, seems only one of them has a slight idea of how to code a hello world program :p
This thing was dead before it was born.
EDIT:
another thing, and I quote
"Then, there's the fact that the upcoming Gizmondo will have it's current security holes patched by two means:
First, by the fact that Tiger Telematics themselves of course will see to it that the holes in the current Gizmondo is patched.
And second, it will be based on Windows CE 5.0 rather than 4.2, like the current Gizmondo."
It's running windows CE? and it has wifi?! haha sure fat chance your ever gonna get sdl and linux devs to work with that in any serious capacity, and once you get those security holes fixed, new ones will come even more serious than their predecessors.
Sure SDL is cross platform, but theres no reason to support such a buggy operating system despite the fact their user base is so big, they can either convert or just buy a gp2x and be done with it :D
//rant over :blink:
Linux forever B)

The Gizmondo was dead before it hit the shops. I undeestand that the adverts lower the cost but your paying for a petty handheld with adverts. I doubt there's enough support for it to have a decent homebrew scene too. When the homebrew comes they'll also be able to remove the adverts probably and Gizmondo will go bankrupt etc.

I don't think anyone has received a single advert yet, as they didn't sell enough Gizmondo's for it to be worthwhile.

Also, I know the machine will refuse to boot without a Sim card inserted, although I'm not sure what would happen if the card existed, but failed to register. I'm not sure how long the cards will last without people using them - do Virgin apply a time frame/lifetime to PAYG sim cards?

lubidog posted on Dec 14 2005 at 11:50 PM said:
.....but if I remember it had a 500mz processer at a pretty powerful nvidia graphic card etc. Plus a big screen and lots of bells and whistles.

Big screen? 2.8" GBA size is big?

Last edited by a moderator:
The NEW (Repeat NEW) Giz has a BIG SCREEN. I think it's gonna be bigger than the psp.

Again, I can't be arsed to research the facts, just read about it recently. But all this rubbish about adverts and buggy operating systems...My GOD, we all love the GP2x and are happy with it etc, but the problems we are having (some, no lots of us) with teething troubles. Why should we be so cocky? Why is gph so much better than the giz guys?

The heart of my gripe is this, why be so negative about another system you aint got, and don't really know about?

Hey? WHY????

Squidge posted on Dec 21 2005 at 12:05 AM said:
I do have one :p (well, did, sold it after a week as I thought it was crap :D )

Sure you did. :rolleyes:

Also, learn about what SmartAdds is before you bash it. Also, like lubidog states, with the exception of open source everything is paid for by something.

And I would rather have a handheld that gives some back for what I paid for it in coupons rather than one that is marketed to make you buy proprietary crap, PSP.

lubidog posted on Dec 21 2005 at 09:00 AM said:
The NEW (Repeat NEW) Giz has a BIG SCREEN. I think it's gonna be bigger than the psp.

Actually, Gizmondo Widescreen's screen will be slightly smaller than PSP's screen.
It will be 4 inches, unlike the 4.3 inches PSP has. ;)

lubidog posted on Dec 21 2005 at 09:00 AM said:

Actually, Gizmondo Widescreen's screen will be slightly smaller than PSP's screen.
It will be 4 inches, unlike the 4.3 inches PSP has. ;)

Translation, it will more likely stay in your pocket rather than stick out. :lol:

The DS or the GBA SP are really the only portables I'd put in my pocket anyway. I keep keys and shit in there, I wouldn't want to wreck up the screen.

Back