Gizmondo

I just noticed what your picture is. I found a master system 2 recently in the hard rubbish, had all connections but no games, how much do you think its worth? if you know of course :p

and just so this post looks on topic... yes the Gizmondo is pretty cool :p

there's on ebay right now for 1 €. 0 bids

if you are lucky, you find one on a yardsale for 5€ including 2 controllers and a pile of games.

If you are a good salesman, you can shake the price down to 2€.

there are some rare cartridges that are worth some money, but the system itself isn't worth the gas money to go and fetch it.

a PAL master system 1 should fetch you some more money

EDIT: oh, you are not from the euro region

the euro market was flooded with these consoles, everybody had them, and soon everybody learned the system only had a couple of good games. and then bought a nintendo.

could be worth more in your region

Last edited by a moderator:
I never realized how tiny the Gizmondo was, I always thought it was the size of the Nomad with a larger screen. The windows ce made me nauseous, I don't see how anyone could use that, it is like taking a trip back to windows 95 days of crashing and re-crashing.

I recently got one off Ebay and was pleasantly surprised actually. Not only by how comfortable it is in your hands but by the library of programs for it. I'd say it is comparable in available games, emus, apps etc as the Zodiac. The d-pad is probably the worst thing and the shoulder buttons aren't that great but they're not totally horrible. The community is all but dead so finding working links can be a bitch. I was thinking of asking Ed for a Giz spot on the archive like he did for the Zodiac but I might be pressing my luck.

I enjoyed my gizmondo, it had some good stuff on it and GPS when GPS wasnt included on every device on the market. It also had a quality grippy feel to it and a nice but small crisp screen.

It was small and well built enough that you could throw it in a bag full of junk and not worry about parts of it breaking off like the gp2x.

I recently got one off Ebay and was pleasantly surprised actually. Not only by how comfortable it is in your hands but by the library of programs for it. I'd say it is comparable in available games, emus, apps etc as the Zodiac. The d-pad is probably the worst thing and the shoulder buttons aren't that great but they're not totally horrible. The community is all but dead so finding working links can be a bitch. I was thinking of asking Ed for a Giz spot on the archive like he did for the Zodiac but I might be pressing my luck.

I have one too. Check out Picodrive and Gizmenu (? port of Gmenu2x) and TCPMP.

There're quite a lot of Windows CE ports, and I believe it's the only CE based handheld console going. I asked before about adding Gizmondo stuff to the file archive, but I got sort of laughed at.

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back