Ginge-Caanoo Compatibility List

Fluiquid said:
qbertaddict said:
Temper - Wiz
Outcast - gp2x

Also I am sorry for my double post.

Do you mean these games I'm compatible.
I'm 99% sure you are, but I won't add them unless you add 1% certainty.
They both work great.
Temper even works with tvout and joystick. Full speed TG16/PCE and TG16/PCE CD. It was so good that I did a video of it on my youtube channel ;)
Havent tested tvout on outcast but it plays great and has high compatibility rate. It has to be the gp2x version though.

UAE4ALL works just as good as it does on the WIZ. I have a wiz and a caanoo and see no difference. Amiga emulation isnt the greatest on either. I can get some games to run at what seems fullspeed though. Turrican comes to mind and superfrog as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fluiquid said:
Ace_Caanoo said:
Fluiquid said:
Ace_Caanoo said:
Fluiquid said:
I'll add links to the new additions when openhandhelds.org is a bit faster for me.

I just like to be helpful to the community in my own way, I don't know anything about porting games.
I'm able to write some simple terminal apps for my Caanoo as of yesterday, I don't know anything about c/c++ so.. really simple apps.
I think a compatibility list will save a lot of people time searching for compatible games.

Well the list is looking good at the moment. Have you had the time to look at drPocketSNES 7.1.0 on the WIZ yet at all as I noticed its still in the working list. Have a look yourself and if you get the same problem as me then can you move it into the orange list?

Tested it with: Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!].smc
Emulation was good, couldn't get back into the emulator menu.
But yea, It seems compatible (for the 5 minutes I've tested it).

Edit: I tried with compatible, not with fast.

OMG! How did you get it working? Im testing out Temper - Wiz and Outcast - gp2x now

I'm gonna make this as detailed as possible in case you did something unexpectedly different.
1. I made a folder called gingeapps in my root (mnt/sd) directory.
2. Load ginge from my mnt/sd/apps directory.
3. Select SD Games and go to gingeapps.
4. Select Snes folder.
5. load pocketsnes_wiz_compatible.gpe
6. Select Rom
7. Select Roms (should be a roms directory in your emulator folder called roms).
8. Open your rom

Thats the same as me but I have named the ginge folder differant but its in the same place as yours. Thats very strange that you can get it working and I can`t. what firmware you on? I'm on 1.5.0

Reply to Ace_Caanoo (don't want all those previous posts included).

I'm running 1.6.0 so that might be your problem.
I updated on day 1 :)

Fluiquid said:

I am running 1.6.0 also and am able to run some pocksnes games via ginge. Wont be a need for it soon though since the new beta for caanoo is running so good.

Then I will update to 1.6.0. Nice to know tho that the updated firmware helps with ginge. this might also help R.O.T.T to run as well i hope lol

qbertaddict said:
Fluiquid said:

I am running 1.6.0 also and am able to run some pocksnes games via ginge. Wont be a need for it soon though since the new beta for caanoo is running so good.

This has come to my attention, I think people should only post compatibility lists with the newest Caanoo firmware.

Edit: To Ace_Caanoo, can you please retest the games I've labeled in orange when you've updated to 1.6.0?

Fluiquid said:
qbertaddict said:
Fluiquid said:

This has come to my attention, I think people should only post compatibility lists with the newest Caanoo firmware.

Edit: To Ace_Caanoo, can you please retest the games I've labeled in orange when you've updated to 1.6.0?

Yeah sure no worries, might be later on today tho as getting busy here in my place with a lot going on (company and got a lot of downloading already happening) and plus my tea will be ready soon lol

Ace_Caanoo said:
Fluiquid said:
qbertaddict said:
Fluiquid said:

Yeah sure no worries, might be later on today tho as getting busy here in my place with a lot going on (company and got a lot of downloading already happening) and plus my tea will be ready soon lol

There is no rush, I could test it by myself if I'd want to.
A few hours or days don't matter that much to a compatibility list.
It's already a pretty nice list, some information may be misleading but will be fixed along the way.
A big thanks to Gab1975 for the big contribution.

Fluiquid said:
I didn't try it, I added it to list from Gab1975's list
I can also make an orange colored list for apps compatible but with errors?

I Tried various games ROMs and the emulator (drPocketSNES 7.1.0) seems to run fine (just more slow respect an "original" Wiz)...
I used a Caanoo with firmware 1.6.0.

@ Fluiquid: de nada! It's a pleasure! :)

Gab1975 said:
Fluiquid said:
I didn't try it, I added it to list from Gab1975's list
I can also make an orange colored list for apps compatible but with errors?

I Tried various games ROMs and the emulator (drPocketSNES 7.1.0) seems to run fine (just more slow respect an "original" Wiz)...
I used a Caanoo with firmware 1.6.0.

@ Fluiquid: de nada! It's a pleasure! :)

Yep that is where i'm going wrong then lol As soon as WM27 finishes downloading i'll flash 1.6.0 to my Caanoo

I hope this will be helpful to Notaz.
I love ginge, it was mentioned on the gp2x.de/shop.
It was one of the reasons I bought the Caanoo for.

The compatibility list just shows how many games and apps are compatible with ginge.
I can understand that Wiz apps don't run quite as well since the Caanoo is fairly new.
So I hope this list will help people with finding the software they want for their Caanoo, and help Notaz with developing an even more awesome radical version of Ginge.

Oh another thing, Can anyone test out RACE on the GP2X? I can only get it working if i put it on the root of the SD card but i'm still on 1.5.0 (putting on the root of the SD card makes my card look messy and im not too keen on that lol)

Ace_Caanoo said:
Oh another thing, Can anyone test out RACE on the GP2X? I can only get it working if i put it on the root of the SD card but i'm still on 1.5.0 (putting on the root of the SD card makes my card look messy and im not too keen on that lol)
It only work on the root and the keys are messed up

qbertaddict said:
Ace_Caanoo said:

Nice one for testing that out, looks like another program to go orange :( Shame tho as I really wanted this to work as I lost my Neo Geo Pocket many years ago on the bus and i loved Card Fighters

Ace_Caanoo said:
qbertaddict said:
Ace_Caanoo said:

Nice one for testing that out, looks like another program to go orange :( Shame tho as I really wanted this to work as I lost my Neo Geo Pocket many years ago on the bus and i loved Card Fighters

Ace_Caanoo, I have come from the future to tell you you will never post in this thread again.
Actually you will never login after April 04 2011.
You will never keep me updated, and in the year 2015 this post will have descended to the bottom of this forum.
I hope this post will prevent this horrible event from happening.

SONY said:
F*ck Caanoo + Ginge!!!

My advice...Get a Pandora + Ginge. :pandora2ut4:
Which will not help compatibility in any way.

Nice list, maybe I'll try tweaking Ginge a bit after finishing some PSX madness that I got myself into.

[To BAFelton]: Thanks, added.

[To SONY]: Fuck you Sony, I'll do with my ps3 whatever I want, and I want to run homebrew.

[To Notaz]: Thank you for everything!

Back