Protozoa (GP2X) [Link]
Quake 2 (Wiz) [Link]
Retrovirus (GP2X) [Link]
Ruck-Man (GP2X) [Link]
Space Varments (GP2X) [Link]
Temper (Wiz) [Link]
Wind and Water (GP2X)) [Link]

Partial compatibility:
R.O.T.T (Wiz) (Runs but as soon as you press a button you automaticly look up so your gun is pointing in the air and I can`t figure out how to sort that out[Ace_Caanoo])
RACE (GP2X) (Needs to be in root to work, controls are messed up [qbertaddict])
Uae4all (Wiz) (Runs but I can`t get any games to run at full speed so if anyone knows please tell me [Ace_Caanoo])
Uae4all (GP2X) (Runs but again can`t figure out how to run games at full speed so again if anyone knows then please tell me [Ace_Caanoo])
Yape-v1.0.1 (Slow, distorted sound, crashes on exit [laserfritz])

Incompatible:
Blix2X (GP2X and Wiz)
Dosbox (GP2X and Wiz)
Firewhip (Wiz)
Guru Logic Champs (Wiz)
HerKnights (Wiz)
Megazeux (GP2X)
Ruck-Man (Wiz)
Tail Tale (GP2X and Wiz)
Wind and Water (Wiz)

Please only post compatibility lists if you run the latest Caanoo firmware: 1.6.0

If you wish an application or game is added to this list, please post its compatibility in this thread.

Apps I've tried that worked:
Amoebax (GP2X)
Blingo (GP2X)
Bubble Train (GP2X)
Camelot Warriors (GP2X)
Dastardly Dungeon (GP2X)
Duke2X (GP2X)
Flobopuyo (GP2X)
Cave Story (GP2X)
Hyperion demo (GP2X)
Jump'n'Bump (GP2X)
Knight Lore (GP2X)
Lady Killer (GP2X)
Methane Brothers (GP2X)
Odonata demo (GP2X)
drPocketSNES 7.1.0 (Wiz)
Protozoa (GP2X)
Retrovirus (GP2X)
Space Varments (GP2X)
Wind and Water (GP2X)

Apps that didn't work:
Blix2X (GP2X and Wiz)
Firewhip (Wiz)
Guru Logic Champs (Wiz)
HerKnights (Wiz)
Tail Tale (GP2X and Wiz)
Wind and Water (Wiz)

Gab1975 said:
Apps I've tried that worked:
Amoebax (GP2X)
Blingo (GP2X)
Bubble Train (GP2X)
Camelot Warriors (GP2X)
Dastardly Dungeon (GP2X)
Duke2X (GP2X)
Flobopuyo (GP2X)
Cave Story (GP2X)
Hyperion demo (GP2X)
Jump'n'Bump (GP2X)
Knight Lore (GP2X)
Lady Killer (GP2X)
Methane Brothers (GP2X)
Odonata demo (GP2X)
drPocketSNES 7.1.0 (Wiz)
Protozoa (GP2X)
Retrovirus (GP2X)
Space Varments (GP2X)
Wind and Water (GP2X)

Apps that didn't work:
Blix2X (GP2X and Wiz)
Firewhip (Wiz)
Guru Logic Champs (Wiz)
HerKnights (Wiz)
Tail Tale (GP2X and Wiz)
Wind and Water (Wiz)

Thanks, thats a nice list, added to main post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fluiquid said:
I've searched on the forum but I couldn't find anything about compatibility for ginge.
So I hope people can post what works and doesn't work with ginge.

This list corresponds with Ginge version: 1.0 r4

Compatible:
Blingo (GP2X) [Link]
Bubble Train (GP2X) [Link]
Camelot Warriors (GP2X) [Link]
D1X Rebirth (GP2X) [Link]
Dastardly Dungeon (GP2X) [Link]
Drill2x Xtreme (GP2X) [Link]
Duke2X (GP2X) [Link]
Flobopuyo (GP2X) [Link]
Cave Story (GP2X) [Link]
Hyperion demo (GP2X) [Link]
Jump'n'Bump (GP2X) [Link]
Knight Lore (GP2X) [Link]
Lady Killer (GP2X) [Link]
Methane Brothers (GP2X) [Link]
Odonata demo (GP2X) [Link]
drPocketSNES 7.1.0 (Wiz) [Link]
Protozoa (GP2X) [Link]
Retrovirus (GP2X) [Link]
Ruck-Man (GP2X) [Link]
Space Varments (GP2X) [Link]
Wind and Water (GP2X)) [Link]

Incompatible:
Blix2X (GP2X and Wiz)
Firewhip (Wiz)
Guru Logic Champs (Wiz)
HerKnights (Wiz)
Megazeux (GP2X)
Ruck-Man (Wiz)
Tail Tale (GP2X and Wiz)
Wind and Water (Wiz)

I've had less success with Wiz apps.
If you reply about what is compatible/incompatible I will add it to the list.

How is drPocketSNES 7.1.0 (Wiz) compatable? Yes it loads up ok but i can`t get any of the games to work as the emulator deletes all the roms in the folder I choose. What I do is load up Ginge then drPocketSNES 7.1.0, I get the main menu with the drPocketSNES 7.1.0 logo at the top and the words Main Menu in red right below it. I select 'Select Rom' with the A button and it takes me to the folder where my roms are meant to be but where it said 'Main Menu' in red now says 'Delete Rom:(and then the path of where i am)'

So how did you get it working? I would love to know

Ace_Caanoo said:
How is drPocketSNES 7.1.0 (Wiz) compatable? Yes it loads up ok but i can`t get any of the games to work as the emulator deletes all the roms in the folder I choose. What I do is load up Ginge then drPocketSNES 7.1.0, I get the main menu with the drPocketSNES 7.1.0 logo at the top and the words Main Menu in red right below it. I select 'Select Rom' with the A button and it takes me to the folder where my roms are meant to be but where it said 'Main Menu' in red now says 'Delete Rom:(and then the path of where i am)'

I didn't try it, I added it to list from Gab1975's list
I can also make an orange colored list for apps compatible but with errors?

Sorry for double posting but forgot to say that I have managed to get these programs working (Some work and some load but with errors)

Wiz:

R.O.T.T (Runs but as soon as you press a button you automaticly look up so your gun is pointing in the air and I can`t figure out how to sort that out)
Quake 2 (Works Perfectly)
Uae4all (Runs but I can`t get any games to run at full speed so if anyone knows please tell me)

GP2X:

Heretic (Runs perfectly)
Hexen (Runs perfectly)
Hexen 2 (Runs perfectly)
Uae4all (Runs but again can`t figure out how to run games at full speed so again if anyone knows then please tell me)

Fluiquid said:
Ace_Caanoo said:

I didn't try it, I added it to list from Gab1975's list
I can also make an orange colored list for apps compatible but with errors?

So your copying other peoples work? If your going to do a list then I think you should at least check if they work first before posting saying that they do/don`t work.

Sorry don`t want to sound harsh but its kinda misleading if you say that a program works when I have tested them out and I know they don`t lol

No, the whole point of this "exercise" was knowledge sharing. Fluiquid specifically asked people to post their results! Maybe Gab1975 didn't test it properly, and frankly i don't give a s**t. Cut him some slack if he made a mistake, will you?

:)

/Uni

u9i said:
No, the whole point of this "exercise" was knowledge sharing. Fluiquid specifically asked people to post their results! Maybe Gab1975 didn't test it properly, and frankly i don't give a s**t. Cut him some slack if he made a mistake, will you?

/Uni

If you read my post you would have seen I said sorry! I think if your going to post stuff then at least make sure you can back up what your posting as I said its misleading. Yes a list like this would be very helpful as I don`t have the time myself to go through all the programs and check them all but if your going to copy a list then at least make sure the list is right first! and as you say you dont give a s**t then why post here and waste my time replying to rudeness when I could be spending my time testing out more programs to put in the list

Ace_Caanoo said:
u9i said:

/Uni

If you read my post you would have seen I said sorry! I think if your going to post stuff then at least make sure you can back up what your posting as I said its misleading. Yes a list like this would be very helpful as I don`t have the time myself to go through all the programs and check them all but if your going to copy a list then at least make sure the list is right first! and as you say you dont give a s**t then why post here and waste my time replying to rudeness when I could be spending my time testing out more programs to put in the list

I understand what you mean.
I was kind of expecting somebody to say this.

The thing is, I trust that people tested the applications, and know they work, and also provide me with enough information to make a proper list.
I just can't spend hours upon hours to make sure the compatibility list is correct.
However, I will test some of the applications mentioned and change the information if I get a different result.

Fluiquid said:
Ace_Caanoo said:
u9i said:

/Uni

I understand what you mean.
I was kind of expecting somebody to say this.

The thing is, I trust that people tested the applications, and know they work, and also provide me with enough information to make a proper list.
I just can't spend hours upon hours to make sure the compatibility list is correct.
However, I will test some of the applications mentioned and change the information if I get a different result.

Thanks for being understanding Fluiquid (unlike some other people) Sorry again if i sounded rude but I think its best to double check thing (false of habit i guess lol)

But carry on with the good work and if I find anything else that works/don`t work i`ll post here. Will say tho that I don`t play homebrew games on my Caanoo so won`t be checking them type of games. I only play emulators and conversion of other games/software so i`ll be checking them the most (really really want to get R.O.T.T working right and that`s my main mission at the moment lol)

ok, sorry i overreacted :) i wanted to express, i think it is fine that he is making this list, and i completely understand it is not possible to test every game.

u9i said:
ok, sorry i overreacted :) i wanted to express, i think it is fine that he is making this list, and i completely understand it is not possible to test every game.

Thats better :) Now can we all get along? lol

I'll add links to the new additions when openhandhelds.org is a bit faster for me.

I just like to be helpful to the community in my own way, I don't know anything about porting games.
I'm able to write some simple terminal apps for my Caanoo as of yesterday, I don't know anything about c/c++ so.. really simple apps.
I think a compatibility list will save a lot of people time searching for compatible games.

Fluiquid said:
I'll add links to the new additions when openhandhelds.org is a bit faster for me.

I just like to be helpful to the community in my own way, I don't know anything about porting games.
I'm able to write some simple terminal apps for my Caanoo as of yesterday, I don't know anything about c/c++ so.. really simple apps.
I think a compatibility list will save a lot of people time searching for compatible games.

Well the list is looking good at the moment. Have you had the time to look at drPocketSNES 7.1.0 on the WIZ yet at all as I noticed its still in the working list. Have a look yourself and if you get the same problem as me then can you move it into the orange list?

qbertaddict said:
Temper - Wiz
Outcast - gp2x

Also I am sorry for my double post.

Do you mean these games I'm compatible.
I'm 99% sure you are, but I won't add them unless you add 1% certainty.

Ace_Caanoo said:
Fluiquid said:

Well the list is looking good at the moment. Have you had the time to look at drPocketSNES 7.1.0 on the WIZ yet at all as I noticed its still in the working list. Have a look yourself and if you get the same problem as me then can you move it into the orange list?

Tested it with: Donkey Kong Country (U) (V1.2) [!].smc
Emulation was good, couldn't get back into the emulator menu.
But yea, It seems compatible (for the 5 minutes I've tested it).

Edit: I tried with compatible, not with fast.

Fluiquid said:
Ace_Caanoo said:
Fluiquid said:

OMG! How did you get it working? Im testing out Temper - Wiz and Outcast - gp2x now

Ace_Caanoo said:
Fluiquid said:
Ace_Caanoo said:
Fluiquid said:

OMG! How did you get it working? Im testing out Temper - Wiz and Outcast - gp2x now

I'm gonna make this as detailed as possible in case you did something unexpectedly different.
1. I made a folder called gingeapps in my root (mnt/sd) directory.
2. Load ginge from my mnt/sd/apps directory.
3. Select SD Games and go to gingeapps.
4. Select Snes folder.
5. load pocketsnes_wiz_compatible.gpe
6. Select Rom
7. Select Roms (should be a roms directory in your emulator folder called roms).
8. Open your rom

Back