Genesis

Drak said:
This emulator was showcased in ed's videos countless times, where can I get the pnd file? :D

Notaz hasn't packaged it up yet. But maybe if we keep asking for it he will. ;)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOtENx0QuZM#t=0m52s[/youtube]

If he hasn't packaged it then what the heck is the picodrive.pnd that I see here? <_<

This clearly isn't fake and it teases me that it exists somewhere and isn't on the archive :(

what is required to

a ) compile something for pandora
b ) package it into a pnd

and why arent these tools (specifically the second one) posted somewhere for us?

The stuff to compile for pandora are around. I found it on the wiki. Something like codesourcery gcc-4.2. I couldn't get it to compile, but I figure any armv7a-linux-gnu-gcc will work OK.

As for the PND tools, I have no idea. I looked all over and couldn't find anything. I mean, I guess it just amounts to something like a squashfs image + XML metadata + icon + maybe some kind of index concatenated together, so just given the spec, I figure throwing together a PND isn't impossible, but I couldn't even find that. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough... that's a reasonable possibility.

Any of the devs could have made up that PND, but Notaz doesn't necessarily want it released to the public yet. He's a bit of a perfectionist and won't put it out there it until he's ready. :) I believe this version will have SMS and possibly 32X support too, so it's not just a quick compile & release.

On the PND topic, check out: http://pandorawiki.org/Libpnd_hub

In our country we call it a Sega Mega Drive, which sounds cooler imo...

Just 2 more months til I can play games like Fatal Labyrinth and Soleil in teh carzors!!!!

Gruso said:
Any of the devs could have made up that PND, but Notaz doesn't necessarily want it released to the public yet. He's a bit of a perfectionist and won't put it out there it until he's ready. :) I believe this version will have SMS and possibly 32X support too, so it's not just a quick compile & release.

On the PND topic, check out: http://pandorawiki.org/Libpnd_hub
It's unfortunate to hear that Notaz doesn't want to release a flawed pnd... Hopefully someone will upload it anyways heh.

edit: hopefully

Notaz will release it when he is ready; no one, but no one, woudl cross that man -- even if your'e selfish, he's one of the best and you dont' want to lose him :)

Post this all over the place --

ED made a Windows GUI based pnd maker, but obviously he has been too busy lately to get back to releasing and polishing it. If it gets critical to have something, and no one has made one, I'll mnake a shitty windows/mac gui to do it, jsut to tide folks over. For linux (cygwin?) there is an easy to use pnd-make script in the libpnd distribution.

If we go another week or two without a windows pnd tool, I'll make one; but hopefulyl EDs is releasabnle soon .. it build a lot of the pnds flying around :)

jeff

I'm sure you're going to see every Genesis game run full speed even when significantly underclocked.

Yea my Pandora is missing Sonic and Road Rash :(

Still, I have about 8000 other games to keep me busy for now.... :D

skeezix said:
Notaz will release it when he is ready; no one, but no one, woudl cross that man -- even if your'e selfish, he's one of the best and you dont' want to lose him :)

Post this all over the place --

ED made a Windows GUI based pnd maker, but obviously he has been too busy lately to get back to releasing and polishing it. If it gets critical to have something, and no one has made one, I'll mnake a shitty windows/mac gui to do it, jsut to tide folks over. For linux (cygwin?) there is an easy to use pnd-make script in the libpnd distribution.

If we go another week or two without a windows pnd tool, I'll make one; but hopefulyl EDs is releasabnle soon .. it build a lot of the pnds flying around :)

jeff

thanks for that info skeezix. as long as the software is in the pipeline i'm happy. i have a very steep learning curve ahead of me, can't wait.

Que Notaz chiming in with "I'm quitting development forever and am taking my source-code with me".

Jokes. Thanks to all of the devs out there!

I panned to do something about it this weekend but I had to spend more than 13 hours at work yesterday, so I'm pretty worn out right now :(
I'll see if I can put out some half-working version soon..

Isn't this the download file here http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=174465

Back