500Mhz?

Norl

Still Fresh
I just received my pandora and i'm still setting it up but i noticed the cpu speed is 500mhz. The specs say 600. (i know it can be overclocked) Also, i see a battery % but time left is 00:00, which according to one of ED's videos means "the board is broken".

Are everyone's units like this or am i just lucky?

I just received my pandora and i'm still setting it up but i noticed the cpu speed is 500mhz. The specs say 600. (i know it can be overclocked) Also, i see a battery % but time left is 00:00, which according to one of ED's videos means "the board is broken".

Not sure but when you pull the charger out it takes 1 minute for the batery info to update to the real battery reading.Have you hotfix 4 installed?

Yes, 500Mhz is the default speed. You can change it if you want to 600Mhz. 500Mhz is just a good battery-power balance.

HF5 has a default clock set at 600MHz. Not sure why, but I think every Pandora can go to 600MHz at stock voltage. I think TI really underestimated our little chip.

I run mine at 600MHz by default now. 500 would give better battery life, but... eh.

I think it has been shown in the past that just upping the clock, not the voltage, doesn't have too detrimental an effect on the battery life. Although I can't remember where I read this.

Back