Release GemRB 0.71 released

Icewind dale 1/2 and PST are 50% off on GoG (until Jan I think). I've not tried PST with gemrb though the website says:

PST and IWD2 are likely not completable and require a lot more love to reach the level of the other games.

Though given their great work I'm sure it'll get there eventually!

I've been playing BG1 on GemRB 0.7.1, and now 0.7.2.6. In the latest build the character pictures are not updated (no damage update), and it is not possible to select a character and then an action (actions are not updated based on the selected character). I've deleted all 0.7.1 files (in /appdata/gemrb), but that did not fix the problem. Any ideas how to fix this?

I got similar feedback on this from Bizkaiarober. He said it happens only after doing something in the options menu. Can you check that?

I've been playing BG1 on GemRB 0.7.1, and now 0.7.2.6. In the latest build the character pictures are not updated (no damage update), and it is not possible to select a character and then an action (actions are not updated based on the selected character). I've deleted all 0.7.1 files (in /appdata/gemrb), but that did not fix the problem. Any ideas how to fix this?
Just uploaded 0.7.2.7 to the repo.

This was a bug in the official 0.7.2, not Pandora specific and applied to BG1 only. The problem was that after exiting the options menu nothing could access the character portraits window any more. The gemrb team had fixed this, so I've pulled it into the Pandora build.

(https://github.com/gemrb/gemrb/commit/c23f211db217fecae78cbf71263beb50b2474bfe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just uploaded 0.7.2.8 to the repo! Perhaps I should have waited a little...

Changes:

i) Switched to OpenAL for audio. This fixes the volume controls.

i tried gemrb with planescape torment from the gog website and whileit starts the game screen is blue when i start the game and clicking on the interface buttons makes the game crash - am i the only one n this situation ?

i tried gemrb with planescape torment from the gog website and whileit starts the game screen is blue when i start the game and clicking on the interface buttons makes the game crash - am i the only one n this situation ?
Well, on PC with Bigg's Widescreen Mod v.3.05 (infinity engine) from the closed old gibberlings3-site, you have to do a custom full installation

for Planescape and Baldur's Gate.

1. Copy the whole CDs in subdirectories, f.e. c:\Planescape\cd2\

2. Open torment.ini  in \Planescape Torment\torment.ini and change the lines

Example:

Old:

DISK2 = D:\CD2

New

DISK2 = c:\Planescape\cd2

If you want the menus to be fitting as well, then you should install this:

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=683

Works fine for me:

I still got the files from gibberlings3.

The same procedure (except for the menus) may work with GemRB as well?

I have got the cd/dvd-versions in english and german and do not know the structure of the gog-version.

Edit: Now it can be found here: http://www.fileplanet.com/222406/220000/fileinfo/Planescape:-Torment---Bigg%27s-Widescreen-Mod

Works like a charm with Baldur's Gate+Addon, Baldur's Gate2+Addon, Icewind Dale+Addon, Icewind Dale 2 and PS:T.

It happened to me, I replied in the "how ro install BG & Co, my guide" thread. I paste below:

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

If you want to play Torment and have the D&D Anthology version:
1) Install to your PC
2) Copy the contents of your installed directory to sd/pandora/appdata/gemrb/pst EXCEPT the "data" folder
3) Copy the contents of the "data" folder to sd/pandora/appdata/gemrb/pst (not sd/pandora/appdata/gemrb/pst/data, they have to be in the "root" directory)

Otherwise you'll get a blue background when the game starts.

Back