GBAX / GP32 Spain Discussion

Nintiendo1Spain said:
craigix said:
Nintiendo1Spain said:
craigix said:
Nintiendo1Spain said:
craigix said:
Nintiendo1Spain said:
You only want a happy ending for that Franxis port MAME and PCSX to Pandora... :)

No. You just want an unhappy ending.

Don't worry. I understand that you want that Franxis port PCSX and MAME because you will sell more Pandora. It is logical and I understand.

And would you be happy if that happened?

I will be happy because people that bought Pandora don't have the blame that you lead the Pandora proyect.

I'm afraid that does not make any sense. I'll assume you are saying you love me.

I would be happy because people that bought Pandora aren't at fault that you lead the Pandora proyect.

Sorry for my bad english.

Yes! It is amazing. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Herp derp yay for Craig trolling our humble Wiz section.

Edit: Topic split and moved by a mod. Now my post has less bite.

I do love a good hurp durp though. And this thread deserves one especially.

craigix said:
Nintiendo1Spain said:
Craig, what will happened to your GBAX? LoL

It will be far superior to any other competition this year? You morons just keep lining yourselves up to be knocked down.

Name calling worthy of a six year old. Way to represent there. Now suppose that they're rubber and you're glue...

Nintiendo1Spain said:
You only want a happy ending for that Franxis port MAME and PCSX to Pandora... :)

It will be amazing that ZodTTD use the source code of PCSX (of Franxis and Chui) when ZodTTD never release the source code of PSX4ALL.

zodttd has released source to psx4all several times. How else do you think hardyx was the first one to port to Wiz?

Exophase said:
zodttd has released source to psx4all several times. How else do you think hardyx was the first one to port to Wiz?

I've asked Zod for the psx4all sources a couple times this year, and he hasn't given it to me. He's in GPL violation because psx4all was originally GPL'd code. Whenever he releases a binary, if he doesn't post the source used to compile it, he at least needs to make the source available to anyone who asks for it. It's very frustrating because I wanted to use look at his latest counter and GTE code to see what changes he has made to improve compatibility. Also, I am interested in working on the source myself to make improvements to the plugins once I get my Pandora.

It's not good enough that Zod has posted outdated versions of the source years ago. He needs to make available the current source and any of his library changes that he linked against.

Zod: If you are reading this thread, once again, please post the sources for your latest psx4wiz and psx4pandora builds. Better yet, update your repository every time you make a release.

I know that he hasn't been in very good compliance with the GPL and hasn't been releasing source with binaries or, as far as I'm aware, the proper licensing information.

I'm just saying that it's quite incorrect to say that he's never released the source and this is a pretty practical difference, not a mere technicality. It's not as if so many big changes have been made since the last release of source.

He might be ignoring your requests, I can't say if such a thing is deliberate or not, but if you spend even a minute on Google you'll easily find it; or better put, after a few seconds on Google I have:

http://github.com/zodttd/psx4all

i think this is how craig deals with the pandora/other work related stress

and it is entertaining

and craig, nintiendo1spain is either extremely stupid or a troll

Or just not a native English speaker. I mean, with a name like "Nintendo1spain" you wouldn't expect it and all but..

Xian Long said:

WTF! And some of the people posting continuously in gp32x are liars and manipulators :blink: .

Take it easy Franxis, some people are just incapable to behave civilized on the internet. Those are probably the same people that are incapable of looking directly in someone's eyes in real life let alone talk like that. Pussies :p

Xian Long said:

I ignore them for most of the year but now and again I enjoy confusing them.

craigix said:
I ignore them for most of the year but now and again I enjoy confusing them.

Yeah and I suppose that makes them the trolls.

sepp256 said:
It's not good enough that Zod has posted outdated versions of the source years ago. He needs to make available the current source and any of his library changes that he linked against.

Exophase said:
after a few seconds on Google I have:
This is 2 years old.
If he (and tinnus) had release their work, we woudn't have lost the GLES code...

Exophase said:
I know that he hasn't been in very good compliance with the GPL and hasn't been releasing source with binaries or, as far as I'm aware, the proper licensing information.

I'm just saying that it's quite incorrect to say that he's never released the source and this is a pretty practical difference, not a mere technicality. It's not as if so many big changes have been made since the last release of source.

He might be ignoring your requests, I can't say if such a thing is deliberate or not, but if you spend even a minute on Google you'll easily find it; or better put, after a few seconds on Google I have:

Exophase, I think that anyone who was interested in contributing to psx4all already knows about that git repo. And that git repo shows exactly what I am talking about. Zod has NOT posted the current/build sources to his releases for 2 years, which means that anyone who compiles psx4all from that old repo will have a slower/unoptimized build. If I want to work on the some part of the emulator, then I would be stuck with an old version unless I gave my patches to Zod and asked him to compile a build with his sources. Surely you can understand that this predicament is frustrating to myself and has a chilling effect on developments/contributions to psx4pandora/psx4wiz.

Frankly, I don't see how you and some other old-timers here always give Zod a pass for his behavior, history of GPL violations, and current GPL non-compliance.

Zod has made promises to properly maintain a repo for psx4pandora (over 1 year ago) and release current sources for psx4wiz, but at this point these pretty much seem like empty promises.

sebt3 said:
This is 2 years old.
If he (and tinnus) had release their work, we woudn't have lost the GLES code...

I'm not saying that zodttd didn't make any further releases in the past 2 years, but I doubt there was much in the way of substantial change. That goes for double for gpSP. I don't know what you guys are looking for exactly, beyond warm fuzzies for knowing he's not violating the license. Of course I'm not saying what he's doing is okay, but I'm still trying to get the pragmatic goal behind this.

This has nothing to do with Tinnus losing his GL ES 2 work, which was never off of PC to begin with and I don't think was ever incorporated into psx4all either. Yeah, if he made available the source to something incomplete and unreleased it wouldn't have been lost. Likewise it wouldn't have been lost if he made backups, which is a pretty simple thing to do, and for a lot of reasons would be a lot more desirable than putting his coding efforts on public display.

sebt3 said:
Exophase, I think that anyone who was interested in contributing to psx4all already knows about that git repo. And that git repo shows exactly what I am talking about. Zod has NOT posted the current/build sources to his releases for 2 years, which means that anyone who compiles psx4all from that old repo will have a slower/unoptimized build. If I want to work on the some part of the emulator, then I would be stuck with an old version unless I gave my patches to Zod and asked him to compile a build with his sources. Surely you can understand that this predicament is frustrating to myself and has a chilling effect on developments/contributions to psx4pandora/psx4wiz.

Slower/unoptimized, are you sure? Do you have a real concept of what's changed, because I think little things are tweaked back and forth, resulting in big inconsistencies in performance and compatibility from release to release. Not so much big modifications. Probably most of the things zodttd does are platform specific, do you personally care about working on iPhone stuff? I doubt he did anything very serious for Wiz.

sebt3 said:
Frankly, I don't see how you and some other old-timers here always give Zod a pass for his behavior, history of GPL violations, and current GPL non-compliance.

Not sure what you mean by a "pass", I don't have some authority over his behavior. If you're saying that I support his violations then obviously I don't, and I've said so in the past and am saying so now... what he's doing doesn't bother me on some personal level (sorry, I can't really help that) so I'm not going to organize some sort of witch hunt against him. If you're so angry go get some other kind of GPL police on him for it, maybe get the original PSCX authors - this isn't my problem. If you're saying I should be disallowing him from porting gpSP and Temper over this, well, call me greedy but the former is pretty profitable for me so I'm going to say no on that one.

sebt3 said:
Zod has made promises to properly maintain a repo for psx4pandora (over 1 year ago) and release current sources for psx4wiz, but at this point these pretty much seem like empty promises.

Maybe you should try contacting him directly on this.

Back