What Will Be Released At Gbax?

TandeM posted on Apr 22 2004 at 01:14 AM said:
Little John GP32 v0.5 (merged NES, GBC, SNES) - YoyoFr,
where did you hear that? if its true i hope he would release them all seperately since it'd be a lot better

Last edited by a moderator:
what c'hoo talking bout bro!!! (sorry, couldn't help it with that avatar). nah, two people disliking me out of the whole forums isnt to bad, is it?

also, i think LittleJohn on the Zodiac had all 3 combined.. which is where he may be getting that idea from, or was that another emu :p

Pirotic posted on Apr 25 2004 at 01:16 PM said:
nah, two people disliking me out of the whole forums isnt to bad, is it?
hm..........na its not actually...but 2 judges from the same compo having a grudge seemed pretty weird

It is very unlikely to happen since osnes9x needs all the memory it can get, it does not need an even larger fxe file to load into memory.

Oh there's more than 2 :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Joke :D. I don't care if you made the emulator or not, you're deffinately working on the rpg engine now anyway.

I did actually think of doing a CPS1 emulator with support for >8mb roms, but most games need 3 ICs for sound (Z80, YM2151, MSM6295). Games without sound just don't do it for me, and since it would be a complete b**** to emulate them, I decided not to bother, as I don't think the GP32 would be powerful enough to emulate all four chips at once, as well as the memory management work required.

i never even started on audio, unless you can get the base emulation running at full speed (or implement a steady auto frameskip) it'll just make your ears bleed :D, and out of the 3 games which booted, the only game which ran near enough normal speed was the intro for Ghouls and Ghosts on CPS1

add to that YM2151, OKIM6295 and ADPCM and i doubt the GP32 could of coped, if somebody used the new ASM cores it may be alot better.

2 out of 5 isnt a bad start tho, thats one chip more than my old nes emu - next step, saturn emulation.. (just kiddin)

the old capcom arcade machines we all played as a kid, ghouls and ghosts was out in 1988 i think - one of the early games.

TandeM posted on Apr 22 2004 at 12:14 AM said:
Here's a guess list (no pressure/expectation on the devs, of course):

Beats of Rage Beta 5 - Squidge
I can tell you now that BOR beta 5 will not be entered into GBAX04, as I consider it a plain and simple port. Yes, it runs and looks good, but I've not really spent that much time on it. If I wrote it from scratch, then yes, but not just porting someone elses work.

I'm still working on my 68K JIT ASM core, but it's incredibly unstable, so may be abandoned as I just don't have the amount of time that it requires.

However, a GP32 emulator is possible, which would make a good debugging aid for some people (and most of the time, faster than uploading to the gp32 for jtag debugging). Don't know if it'll ever get done, but it's something that's possible.

this is turning into an episode of eastenders :D

guyfalks is alright, but we did argue over something last year (GBAX2003) which is why i decided not to bother this year (left a bad taste).

i got about 10 votes deducted last year, which i felt was unfair - he said it was because i reminded people to vote for my project if they thought it deserved to win, but i felt is was bit harsh as i didnt even give them an URL or a link to vote with where as other projects had and didnt get any votes deducted :p

im not bitter tho, as the rules did say no advertising plus i would only of come 2nd anyway.

this year i see they've dropped the voting system probably for that exact reason - which is a good idea! and im sure the prize money will go to a deserving coder, so im looking foward to it.

pirotic, you said your emu is 95% finished and you already uploaded the "emu" somewhere in a zip (which was actually 36kb big and was pwd protected) and now not releasing it (and saying its cancelled because some ppl pissed you off) sounds ALOT like a fake, sry but... :)

and gigas engine isnt much more than (for example) snesys or kedos engine atm. you have a battle system and a little menu more, but thats all :)

i've never tried snesys or kedos so i can't really comment on that, but gigas is about 60% complete.. whats on display isnt always whats under the bonnet if that makes sense, alot of features are fully implemented but due to a restrictive demo never really showcased..the source-code .c is 168kb (thats not including data files or libarys) which should someway to validate that :D

no point defending it tho, as some people will never believe what they cannot see with there own eyes. as it progress's you should see it starts becoming closer to a game and less of a shallow demo, the next version should be out soon, and has an inbuilt editor which is pretty cool :D

maybe you dont think its much, which is fair comment. but hopefully i'll win you around eventually. its not really worth slagging it off tho is it? i code as a hobby and its a bit of fun for free, and i try not to flood with constant 'new versions' which dont offer anything significant over the last.

and finally - lets not forget, im not an entire Squaresoft development team here, despite looking like one from a distance (too many sweets) :p

it seems that in order to be populour with some of you, you have to port open-source rather than try anything original.

I have been talking with pirotic, and if yall dont believe him, then I will put my reputation ( dont make me do another public apology for cussing at yall ) on his gigas editor
It works, its great, and its only a little demo now, and why cant you people give credit where its due?
this editor he is making will have many good RPG's to be made, and take my word, its uber-easy to use and..
YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW ANY CODE
so just trust him, or me, and let him be
and pirotic, u rock and I obviously believe in ya

~Octavious

thanks oct ;)

glad you got on ok with the editor, the public beta will have a fair amount of improvements over it which is what im working on atm, hotspots work now, and you can easily resize/move and edit them without having to delete and start over again :p

Back