[gba] Public Release Of Gpsp2x! Dynarec'd And All!

Are you getting the GameBoy Logo after you select a rom? If you can not select a rom, press the DPad left then you should be able to select with the X.
[/quote]

Actually, this sounds strange but I can only select a rom AFTER that screen comes up. When I hit load game the first time it just boots up without me selecting a rom first. I can then back out of the screen and then at least see my rom list but can't access it. I feel like maybe there is some small thing I'm not doing correctly.

UPDATE

Wow! D-Pad left! Cool, that was my problem BUT now when I access a game and hit X I get a black screen. Nothing, nada. Funny, I tried rebooting and getting back to that rom list screen but keep going to other sections of my SD card instead. I'm close but there ain't no cigar yet.

Actually, this sounds strange but I can only select a rom AFTER that screen comes up. When I hit load game the first time it just boots up without me selecting a rom first. I can then back out of the screen and then at least see my rom list but can't access it. I feel like maybe there is some small thing I'm not doing correctly.
[/quote]

My guess is that you have a bad GBA bios. See if you can find another one. I only saw the GameBoy screen on the earlier betas.

I can not get my version to do you error. The only other thing you could try is make sure the bios is named "gba_bios.bin".

When I got your black screen I changed bios and it fixed it.

Yes, you most likely have a bad bios. There's more information on the gba_bios.bin file at psp-hacks.com forums.

My guess is that you have a bad GBA bios. See if you can find another one. I only saw the GameBoy screen on the earlier betas.

I can not get my version to do you error. The only other thing you could try is make sure the bios is named "gba_bios.bin".

When I got your black screen I changed bios and it fixed it.

Thanks man I appreciate you looking into it for me. Looks like my bios is pretty lousy and will have to hunt around for another one, which is a major pain in the behind.

I personally don't use zipped roms but they do work. You MUST only have one file in the zip and it must be a .gba rom file. WinRAR made zips are the most compatible from testings.

Is there anyway this version could be seperated a bit more from the psp version? Such as the menu has a 16x9 mode, etc...

Yes, settings are saved on a per-game basis. If there isn't a per-game cfg file, it will use the global settings.

As for the menu system, right now this is a big thing that needs updating. I will talk to Exophase about updating the menu system to be more dynamic in terms of resolution size and functionality.

Seperating the two versions would be bad since we have plans to merge the code from the GP2X version into the main gpSP codebase. This will allow instant updates to the GP2X version when the PSP version is updated. We're trying to keep the code as portable as possible while maintaining performance. A menu system can be built to suit both systems needs, I just need to get in touch with Exophase. :)

zodttd posted on Mar 15 2007 at 04:22 AM said:
Yes, settings are saved on a per-game basis. If there isn't a per-game cfg file, it will use the global settings.

As for the menu system, right now this is a big thing that needs updating. I will talk to Exophase about updating the menu system to be more dynamic in terms of resolution size and functionality.

Seperating the two versions would be bad since we have plans to merge the code from the GP2X version into the main gpSP codebase. This will allow instant updates to the GP2X version when the PSP version is updated. We're trying to keep the code as portable as possible while maintaining performance. A menu system can be built to suit both systems needs, I just need to get in touch with Exophase. :)

I have mentioned it before but I didn't hear your thoughts on it. Couldn't you just use the menu from Picodrive (source is there) ? It is just a simple text-list type menu but it works MUCH better and is way more intuitive than the current one. Since it doesn't contain any special graphics etc it could easily work on any port of the emu. It contains all the usual emu options like frameskip, clock speed, screen scaling/1:1, etc. That is another thing, hopefully tou can lose that annoying CPU speed hack that you have to click through everytime you load the emu too. It could easily be part of the main menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I missed that suggestion. I'll definitely mention it to Exophase. Since the menu system is something he threw into gpSP, I don't want to step over his work. That is, unless he dissappears for too long. :p

for me is just perfect ..everything full speed with clear sound
just add a background for the "blank" border
and a menu a la picodrive [ (tm) notaz :) ]

fantastic work
bigthankyou

sweet release. It's really really fast oc'd to 250mhz. After playing zelda the minish cap for about 15 minutes it froze for me though... might be because of the overclock but unlikely as I can usually easily oc to that clockrate.

Back