Games For Dosbox - What Games Do You Want?

i would like to see monsterbash, commander keen, epic pinball... and many more, i just forgot the names :)

ok what ive done so far:

- Xenon 2 (near full speed)
- Dynablaster (full speed, sound)
- Dangerous Dave (full speed, sound)

that should give some perspective on whats possible

many people already mentioned the great old apogee jump'n'runs... I totally second that and would really love more of these actually.

Chrystal Caves
Bio Menace
Realms of chaos (maybe that is not achievable though)
Commander Keen 4-6
Cosmos cosmic adventures
secret agent 1-3
duke nukem 1-2 would be AWESOME!!!

boppin
hexxagon (this would be a cool idea for a conversion game btw)

and some of the old cga games would be cool... I don't know if they already run...
alley cat
sokoban
framed

Pirates! Gold for DOS.

Yes, I know about the Genesis version.
The PC version is better, IMHO.

vaustein posted on Mar 20 2006 at 04:37 AM said:
Pirates! Gold for DOS.

Yes, I know about the Genesis version.
The PC version is better, IMHO.

Yeah, but the problem is: The special feature of Pirates! Gold for DOS had been 640*480 SVGA graphics, so text will be screwed up and unreadable with DosBOX and scaling :(

Last edited:
640x480 no way... too much cpu needed

good news for duke nukem fans: duke 1 is up and running, hail to the king baby!

If no one's already mentioned it, JetPack!

The thing should run perfect, it ran on a 386 well enough.

Elite games could be nice too (but I don't know anything about the keymap).
Shufflepuck café, battlechess, budokan, stunt car racer, wing commander (but those were on amiga too).

I would absolutely love it if you could get this game running:

Armada2525

It's an old space strategy game that I still play today :)

Oh, and if there's any chance whatsoever of Frontier: First Encounters (or even Frontier Elite 2 - older, but I suspect more realistic) running remotely better than the Atari ST version, that'd be fantastic. It's truly an amazing game (both FFE and FE2), but FE2 is far too juttery to be really fun on the ST :(.

Does use basic polygonal 3D though, so I suspect Dosbox would bork at it somewhat given it'd have to presumably make extensive use of the x86 FPUs. Or at least, FFE would; I think FE2 worked ok on a 386, so, hey, never know :).

Eolair posted on Mar 20 2006 at 02:32 PM said:
I would absolutely love it if you could get this game running:

Armada2525

It's an old space strategy game that I still play today :)
ok, armada 2525 works with sound :)

Last edited by a moderator:
TES: Oblivion? :ph34r:

Master of Orion!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: B)

And Metal & Lace.... :blink: :unsure: B)

Cobra Mission was fun, too... :rolleyes:

I wonder if Eye of the Beholder would work?

good news for duke nukem fans: duke 1 is up and running, hail to the king baby!

Great! That's one game I'd love to play on the gp2x, it was my first ever DOS-based game, so I'm looking forward to having the oppurtunity to play it on the go :)

Just wanted to second a couple of other DOS based games mentioned earlier which I would love the chance to play:

The Incredible Machine
Crystal Caves

I'd also like to ask - you mentioned 640x480 to be pretty much not possible due to the CPU processing requirements - would this be true of anything 640x480 (Even adventure games - very little movement and speed isn't really a necessity)?

Thanks very much for the work you are doing, it's greatly appreciated - Nice to see some good progress coming along with dosbox :)

hm if its ok for you to not even have decent cursor movement then maybe... scaling the image to the gp32 screen takes tons of res. so you would have horrible sound stuttering etc. i tried duke nukem 2 and get about 3-4 fps. and thats a whicked old game. keen 4 runs with ~15fps which is just about enough...

if it only would be possible to acess tge 2nd cpu somehow...

name me any adventure with 640x480 and i am happy to give it a try :)

Back