Gameboy Emus Now Illegal?

If the emulator was made in europe, but someone in America downloaded & used it, would it be illegal?

Oh, and illari I think you mean the "US law", not the "stupid US law" :) Bush is stupid, but I don't think the laws are (I am an American.....) It's just Nintendo being st00pid ;)

rcx21000 posted on Mar 25 2004 at 09:53 PM said:
If the emulator was made in europe, but someone in America downloaded & used it, would it be illegal?
Of course, you are not allowed to use products that are illegal in your country. The other way around would work though, even if the emulator would be made in the US it would be completely legal to use in Europe.

This is not considering the fact that the patent may be invalid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think one thing we're all missing is the golden rule that says:

"It's only illegal if you get caught."

unless you're planning on emailing Nintendo, sony, sega and NEC a copy of your harddrive I think you can relax. And stop posting new thread on this stuff, it just makes more entries for Google to pick up on and help companies to crack down on emmulation communities.

rcx21000,excuse i miss to put "stupid law",but this one its a stupid one, many others arent, of course.

this kind of laws, cutting the possibilities of emulation,are all stupid.
but,you know,the laws could be changed :)
for example,any european country (CEE),has death penalty,so many laws can be changed ( was an example ).
Simply download the emu as your own risk =)

Back