What Happened To Fgb32?

Compyfox

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Yo.

I was actually thinking (okay... actually it was while I playing "Donkey Kong" which was... uhm... yesterday) what happened to the Gameboy Emulators. Especially to those from rlyeh. So far this is the best GB emulation for GP32, everything works fine if we talk about monochrome games, but still this GB emu has some minor issues. But either I'm impatient or it seems to be discontinued. :p

Nah really. We can whine all the way, but VBA doesn't play any GB monochrome game, not to mention only a view GBC games (not even GBA!). The GPVGB looks nice but it's also just a test version (oh how do I love the zoom function of fGB32) and I don't want to talk about the other emulators.

I know that the programmers put a lot of effort into the programs, not to mention a lot of sparetime. But it would be a real pity if this will be the final version of this great emulator. So rlyeh, mad pros to you and please finish this excellent emulator. =)

Aditional info:
- "Donkey Kong" runs good and fine but it saves only after the mini bosses, not the end bosses, which is kinda strange. Besides... if the game is in a GBC, it's not monochrome anymore. It was one of the first GB GBC hybrid games, but with fGB32 it's monochrome. "Zelda DX" refuses to run with "No Memory Enough" error (strange, worked for me once).

A feature I'd like to see:
SuperGameboy corners. "Donkey Kong", Zelda DX, Tetris DX, Pokemon and the later "Megaman" games had some nifty ones for example. =)

I'd just like to see it freakin WORK.... okay so maybe fgb32 works with monoGB games... I'll try that next time... vba is WEAK at best and I wish the name would change because there just is no A to speak of in this thing as it runs right now.

But my little rant aside, Yeah I'd love to see work continue on these Emulators but as always it's a matter of the the coders not having time to work on them or just other things ingeneral to do.

I think its only appropriate that emulators such as the Gameboy and Game Gear are as good as they can be. Now im not complaining here or begging for more work to be done. But I will say, I bought a GP32 knowing that I would be able to play allllll 32 of my Game Gear Games without having to lug all the games and hardware around manually. Same goes for the Gameboy. Please dont flame me on piracy or buy it if you dont like it, but honestly, it is quite convenient having 32 game gear games and hundreds of Gameboy games on one little card the size of a listerine pocket pack. :D

jegHegy posted on Feb 21 2004 at 09:08 AM said:
no idea where rlyeh is, haven't seen him on IRC since weeks. he might've moved over to Zodiac development completely, but who knows.
:D ha ha ha... umm... that *is* a joke, right? :blink: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
papapopalung posted on Feb 21 2004 at 09:13 AM said:
jegHegy posted on Feb 21 2004 at 09:08 AM said:
no idea where rlyeh is, haven't seen him on IRC since weeks. he might've moved over to Zodiac development completely, but who knows.
:D ha ha ha... umm... that *is* a joke, right? :blink: :p
no, i really haven't seen him since ages. and when i did (a few weeks ago), he was developing for Zodiac.

Compyfox: I'm playing ZeldaDX right now.. been playing it for several days and no errors.

I suggest you get another copy of the rom.. yours might be faulty

Dosent the GP32 require a 3 digit extention?

The last time I looked at Ryleh's site(or atleast the one with his picture on it) it didnt mention anything about xodiac development.

Alpha2 posted on Feb 21 2004 at 07:02 PM said:
Dosent the GP32 require a 3 digit extention?
Nope, the gp32 is fine with odd extensions, the software pclink however is more picky and only accepts 8.3 format..

Back