Gba! (it's Here! Yay!)

Here is example of the scaler's output:
gba_scaled.png
thanks notaz, does the scaler/filter whatever it is have a name or something it could be indentified as?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its funny that my first ever handheld game was Advanced Wars. Fitting that this time around its Advanced Wars 2.

=D

Only things that bug me are very fixable, I do believe:

1. I've tried to make a shortcut to the emulator with a .ini but it doesn't work, no idea why.
  2. Can't skip down the menu.
  3. When changing the control scheme, the settings reset after closing gpsp.
  4. Large games fail to load (Kingdom Hearts, Kirby's Nightmare, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.. etc).
  5. It would be very helpful if I could delete games from inside gpsp, but thats just a nitpick.

For those looking for GBC emulation, you could always try running Goomba in gpSP. I don't know how well it would run, and it's kind of funny to be running an emulator in an emulator, but it's worth a shot if you're impatient.

For those looking for GBC emulation, you could always try running Goomba in gpSP. I don't know how well it would run, and it's kind of funny to be running an emulator in an emulator, but it's worth a shot if you're impatient.
I've tried it with every conceivable version of goomba, and it just seems to crash. =[

Dont Large rom files have to unzipped and placed in there try that :D
If you read the whole thread, you'll notice that I already discussed that with Exophase and Notaz. Neither zipped, nor unzipped large roms work.

[*]It would be very helpful if I could delete games from inside gpsp, but thats just a nitpick.
[/LIST]

The same goes for you jacksterson, as I mentioned most of these issues earlier. The "skipping down the menu" thing is being looked into by Notaz. He will likely add an L/R scroll feature that allows the menu to be scrolled faster. Also, the "large games failing to load" is another thing I discussed with them. Notaz said he will look into that while he implements the scroll feature and attempts to fix the screen tearing.

As far as a .ini shortcut, I'm not sure why you're having issues with it, so unfortunately I can't really help. My .ini shortcut works just fine. If you want an easy way, just copy a different .ini (one that works for another piece of software), open it in Notepad (or some other text editor) and just change the specifics to fit gpSP. That's what I did. Just make sure you change the .ini name, the "name" field in the .ini file, and the folder paths for both the .exe and .png. It should work. :) Good luck.

Oh and also, make sure you pay special attention to detail when editing the INI file. I've noticed that the wiz can be picky about names and such. I'm not sure if it's case-sensitive or something. It APPEARED to me when I first began dabbling with the INI files that the wiz will not accept any folder & file names that are in complete caps lock. For example, my "SNES" name and folder for the pocketsnes INI didn't work. I went back and edited the INI file and changed the name of the emulator & folder to "pocketsnes" and it now works. Not sure if it was the all caps or something else, but keep trying different names and such and you should get it to work.

Just wanted to say thanks to Notaz for taking the time out to fix those issues we were all having with gpSP. I haven't gotten to try it yet, but I will ASAP. We all appreciate the efforts man!

Cheers,

Jason

Concerning the fast scrolling issue stated on the first page, the new update for the GBA emu works with the L/R triggers for faster scrolling. Thanks!

Back