Future DraStic Android port: help needed

Hey Exo,

Any chance you can update this to allow us to put the BIOS files in any directory of our choosing? This isn't a request because I want my files where I want them, it's because I simply can't run it at all right now. The reason for this is fairly simple: ever since I rooted my phone (a while ago) the permissions for and access to certain directories on my phone are somewhat quirky. To be blunt - I simply can't add files to my "Downloads" folder directly on my phone's internal memory. And if I try to download the files from my phone directly, it saves them in the Downloads folder on my external sd card. As a result, since I can't customize the BIOS locations, I can't start DraStic. Any chance this can be done?
You should have gotten a popup that tells you what to do in that case.

You can copy them manually to sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/system/
Thanks so much for all your hard work Lordus! I'm really excited for this!

FYI, I never received that pop-up you mentioned. Instead, when I click install, I get the following:

"The BIOS files could not be found in the 'Download' directory.

Please make sure, you have the correct files located in your 'Download' directory and restart DraStic to re-try the installation."

As far as manually placing the files on the sdcard in the data folder, I've done so but I still get the same exact error as above ^ when I start DraStic and select 'Install'.
Ok, yes you will only get it, if there is an error, but in your case the files are just not found.

If you place them manually, they need to be named correctly:

nds_bios_arm7.bin

nds_bios_arm9.bin

nds_firmware.bin
God I'm such a dolt... Thanks Lordus, sorry to waste your time with the second post - I didn't even check the naming. Guess I took for granted that the BIOS files would all have a standard name no matter where they're acquired from (as is the case with PSX & SegaCD bios files for the most part). Thanks again!

nds_bios_arm7.bin

nds_bios_arm9.bin

nds_firmware.bin

where can i download these files ? please

nds_bios_arm7.bin

nds_bios_arm9.bin

nds_firmware.bin

where can i download these files ? please
Illegal question! 
Yes it is, Asking or posting links where you can download ROMs and things like console firmware is prohibited on this site.. there are search engines for such things.

Edit: I have no plan on using the Android version, but bought it to kind of pay for my free Pandora version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Works perfect!!!!! Fkn awesome....

Going to reg. At your forum now aswell

Bought the Android version as well as a thank you to Exophase (no .) For all his hard work on the Pandora version! ;-)

Congratulations for the release you two. Hope you make a shitload of money :)

If you want somebody who can translate the emu to german, let me know.

Does anyone want to try tipping off Engadget or Slashdot for a post? I was hoping there'd be one since PPSSPP got one for its first release. But I don't know how they should be contacted (or if it'd really be best if I did it)

Also.. thank you very much, those of you who bought it only to support the Pandora version. I just want you to know the Pandora will always be a first class platform for DraStic and I will always release updates for it so long as it is being updated for Android.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone want to try tipping off Engadget or Slashdot for a post? I was hoping there'd be one since PPSSPP got one for its first release. But I don't know how they should be contacted (or if it'd really be best if I did it)
I submitted one to Slashdot but there's no guarantee it'll be seen.

I submitted one to Slashdot but there's no guarantee it'll be seen.
To ensure it gets submitted people go login to slashdot and vote up his post. 

http://slashdot.org/recent

Thanks TrashyMG! I'll nag my one IRL Slashdot reading friend. :D

Since today is also my birthday I think I'm going to find somewhere to go celebrating. Thanks for the support, everyone.

I'll reddit as soon as I get home.

And at some point in the next 6 hours I might post something about it, too. :p

Happy Birthday Exo, celebrate like there's no tomorrow.

Back